WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!
I am a happy owner of this watch, I really enjoy wearing it. It has a 35mm case, a rare, spotless textured dial, nice hands, still have some orange ink on it! Please look at my case, the seller said it has never been polished, and its colour is like some factory metal, not that typical mirror polished stuff and it has very nice, sharp edges at the lugs. The glas has some scratches too, but tooth paste did not work for me. As u look at the movement, u can see a screw missing, am I right? And there is no O-ring at the caseback, it should be, right?

greets

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I really like your enthusiasm about your neat old Omega. Your judgement is good. A person of good taste it seems. I have the same. The movements are nicely made and finished. Similar dial but mine was so diseased I cleared off the finish leaving only the metal Omega .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the response! I still havent decide that I wanna polish it or not, it has some tiny scratches on the case, but not that bad, I am afraid that I loose the sharp edges, that makes this watch special. Most of these Omegas are polished 100 times, and every edges are rounded.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You chose a great watch. Omega nailed this model in size and wearability. It looks like a great original dial.

My '61 Omega is a front loader, and has had the dial painted. It is a great watch to wear. I don't wear it to work, and try to wear in only when I am having a "me" day which usually includes very good beer, cigars, and red meat. I found a '61 ad to go with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a nice watch too, i really like the gold seamasters. i wear mine every day except weekends, i dont know if it is too much of use, but i love it, and have 2 more watches too, but i am bored of them, one I have for 8 years (jacques lemans titanium crono) and wore almost every day, and another roamer quarz, gold looking, square shaped, which is not too interesting to me..

i m also a big fan of these old ads, u can see how much marketing has been improved, sooo in the old days the ads were simplier.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Thank you for the response! I still havent decide that I wanna polish it or not, it has some tiny scratches on the case, but not that bad, I am afraid that I loose the sharp edges, that makes this watch special. Most of these Omegas are polished 100 times, and every edges are rounded.
If you do polish it go lightly on it. You might want to try Brasso at home first before sending it off to get it done by a watchmaker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts