WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the server problems WUS had (still has) to face here are some pics taken during the Open Schauer Days at Engelsbrand.
Maybe UVox can add some of his shots ??

Stowa building:

Need some dials ?

Work places:

ANTEA watches in process:

Need a bracelet ?

Jörg at work:

The first Seatime prototypes:

The Stowa museum:

Me and some guys from watchbizz.de:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
There are some advantages to this restart. I've never seen any of these pics except for the last one :) Thanks for sharing Mike!

Cheers,
Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
For my friend BruceS: The whole story>>>

Here´s my report written in 2003 (the Seatime pics have been made in 2004)

“The chance to own something special”
(Jörg Schauer)

On November 7th and 8th Jörg SCHAUER invited the watch community to have a look behind the (his) curtains. Customers and people out of the watchbizz had been invited to have a look at his production facilities, to talk watches and ……to drink and eat something.

I was always fascinated that an enthusiastic watchmaker like Jörg SCHAUER – and he is without any doubt a real watch maniac – tried to enter the market with the strong will to establish a watch line of his own.

Jörg SCHAUER (on the left) was born in 1968 in Altensteig/Black Forrest so maybe his enthusiasm for watches is caused by a special gene. 1990 he established his own business, within 5 years he produced over 400 timepieces. 1995 the brand SCHAUER was launched. In 1996 he purchased the brand and marketing rights of “STOWA” (which in former times was: Walter Storz, Pforzheim). In 2000 and 2002 he got the “Uhren-Magazin” award “Goldene Unruhe”.
2000 this award was given to the “Kleine Schauer” (Little Schauer), 2002 to the “Edition 9”. This year Jörg SCHAUER he added “DUROWE” (former: “Deutsche Uhrenrohwerke”, Pforzheim) to his “collection”.

The SCHAUER production facility is located in a small village in the Black Forrest called Engelsbrand and about 10 minutes to drive from Pforzheim, one of the former German watch making capitols.

Jörg SCHAUER employees three watchmakers. The yearly production quantity is about 1000 timepieces with a lot of details manufactured by hand(s).
And here SCHAUER and STOWA watches become real:

On this table the (new) ANTEA watches, available online in a limited edition, are put together before they will get their engraving (individual no.) on the case back:

Working place of Jörg SCHAUER:

Regulated ANTEA´s waiting for the next station:

Bracelets (Schauer Chrono):

And here some shots of fine finished movements to fit SCHAUER and STOWA watches:

Valjoux 7750 (without rotor):

Unitas 6425 and ETA 2824-2 with „Cotes du Geneve“:

Working on a plate:

Case Genesis:

Need a dial ?

Special thanks to my guide (left), who answered all my questions:

WE OWE ALL PROGRESS TO THOSE WHO DO NOT ADAPT.
More pictures to come.

Mike Stuffler
Moderator German Watches Forum
www.watchuseek.com

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Thank you my friend. That was great! I very much hope to be able to visit there someday myself. Maybe some of us can go together :-!
Cheers,
Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts