WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own my mudmaster for about 3 month now. So far I am very happy with it. Last weekend participated in a mudrun. That is some kind of Spartan race. At first I intended to use my (cheaper) 5610 as a stopwatch. My girlfriend actually convinced me to bring the mudmaster to the Mud.
I was afraid to damage my new watch. I mean this it's a really tough race. Lots of mud. Hard surfaces where you can scratch the watch on. Mud and sand which into the tiniest openings oh the watch. I might scratch the glass when I try to clear it to check the time.
O boy I was so wrong... I mean all the above mentioned thing happened BUT my mudmaster had no trouble whatsoever taking this beating. Even if I search in bright daylight for any damages, battle scars or scratches -> none typo babe found.
One of my big concerns was that sand would enter the button cylinder.That whenever I would press them after the race I would hear and feel the sand there. I searched on forums for answers to that but couldn't find them. So, for all the people with the same fear - No, nothing passes the Mud resistant structure of the mudmaster nothing.
Respect Casio

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
I own my mudmaster for about 3 month now. So far I am very happy with it. Last weekend participated in a mudrun. That is some kind of Spartan race. At first I intended to use my (cheaper) 5610 as a stopwatch. My girlfriend actually convinced me to bring the mudmaster to the Mud.
I was afraid to damage my new watch. I mean this it's a really tough race. Lots of mud. Hard surfaces where you can scratch the watch on. Mud and sand which into the tiniest openings oh the watch. I might scratch the glass when I try to clear it to check the time.
O boy I was so wrong... I mean all the above mentioned thing happened BUT my mudmaster had no trouble whatsoever taking this beating. Even if I search in bright daylight for any damages, battle scars or scratches -> none typo babe found.
One of my big concerns was that sand would enter the button cylinder.That whenever I would press them after the race I would hear and feel the sand there. I searched on forums for answers to that but couldn't find them. So, for all the people with the same fear - No, nothing passes the Mud resistant structure of the mudmaster nothing.
Respect Casio
Thats amazing u took full advantage of the features of the watch.Thanks for sharing and remind me not to buy a second hand watch from u LOL ....just kidding

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Very cool pics!! But please post another of your MM all cleaned up! ;-)

You are braver than most of us would be, I think! haha

Reactions: g17 and STavros78

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! Too many folks pampering their Gs! Not you, my friend. Well done!

·
Registered
8,148 Posts
If you ever happen to remove the bezel from this one, take some pics of what it looks like underneath.

Reactions: STavros78

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to reach the limits of man and watch. I can say that I succeeded in reaching my limits but failed terribly in reaching the limits of the MM.
The good thing is that even tough I knew and that gs are tough I now really have (my own) proof that they hold up to that promise. You read a lot about that but hey, this is a very expensive watch. Taking that amount of money on my wrist to a rough mud race gives me a the shakes. However, I can really state that those watches are not mud resistant but mud proof.So, if you reading this and find yourself in the same dilemma I can only encourage you too go with your G to those kind of adventures. They will make you a proud owner.
Only after the race I had to clean the straps of the watch with a toothbrushdue to the structure of it. on the other hand-> a little mud in a mudmaster isn't that bad isn't it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for being so brave/daring as to conduct this experiment and for sharing the results as well as the super-cool pictures with us!

Yet, I can't help but wonder how the 5610 would have fared (- but am far too anxious about the well-being of mine to attempt anything similar to what you put your Mudmaster through :D).

Anyway, awesome contribution! I definitely agree with what oldspice said and would love to see more G-Shocks put to the test in such a manner |>.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, i waskinda asking myself the same question. I thing that the 5610 would have hold upgreat. This thing is just so well made. Even though the mudmaster is designed forthose conditions I was more afraid that the MM would fail then the 5610. The MMjust has so much more function which can fail. Has more weight which can affectimpacts tremendously.

I witnessedalready so many times that the simple and therefore also cheaper stuff is aheadin terms of quality. So, if we look atthe whole thing from this angle we might conclude that the 5610 is an indestructiblewatch. It is to light to be damaged by earth gravity. It’s buttons are so tinythat even sand would like huge rocks which are far too big to enter the spacein between. And best of all it is too cheap to be bordering yourself with anyfear of damaging this thing.

Well, jokesaside I think that the 5610 would have been just fine after the race…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome pics! This is why I love G-shock over expensive Seiko, Breitling, Rolex : they are super light and comfortable and you can wear them all the time, take them to the beach, bash them around, and have fun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
thank you so much for risking the pricy mm in such extreme conditions. i will be too conscious on damaging the watch to enjoy the race. btw was the resin and chapter ring scratch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts