WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just thought i would take a little pole just because i'm curious. for those of you that use straps, do you prefer to use a tang type buckle or deployment clasp with you pam? also, is it oem? if not, who makes it? i my self love the panerai deployment clasp too much to ever switch to anything else.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My understanding is that a tang bucle is more secure than a deployant. So I buckle up! (Tho I only have an IWI Marine Diver... But the same thing applies to my Omega Seamaster De Ville 14K ca1966. ;-))

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree that the tang buckle is more secure, but I'm very impressed with the Panerai deployment clasp. Not yet has it unlocked when I subject my wrist into different awkward positions.

The deployment clasp on my Bell and Ross comes undone once in a while.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It is more secure yes, but a deployant clasp is used to prevent the entire watch from falling off your wrist if the buckle fails.

That said, I wear a Tang 80% of the time at least. :-!

·
Registered
231 Posts
At one time......PRE PANERAI I was 100% a deployment guy.....nowI am a 99% tang gent. The history of the tang on a Panerai is toooooo rich for me to ignore. The original GPF shape and style are as sexy as Liz in a string bikini!!! (sorry Lia had to be said) and the 145 year history of Panerai makes the tang the way to go. That being said, I do not think that there is a better made deployment out there!! :-!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is the impression i'm getting when talking to fellow paneristi in person and on these forums. i find that most people that are into the historical type of pams, almost always use tang type the majority of the time, if not all the time. i my self, have never been into the historical pieces. for example, i didn't care for the 217 when i first saw it, but that particular model is starting to grow on me. if you talk to most people that know that model, they will say to use a deployment on that one, is just plain rude lol.

sellnit said:
At one time......PRE PANERAI I was 100% a deployment guy.....nowI am a 99% tang gent. The history of the tang on a Panerai is toooooo rich for me to ignore. The original GPF shape and style are as sexy as Liz in a string bikini!!! (sorry Lia had to be said) and the 145 year history of Panerai makes the tang the way to go. That being said, I do not think that there is a better made deployment out there!! :-!

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL Hankr, a very good point!!!!! The beauty of the 217 would be hindered by the extra metal of the deployment!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts