WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
Another great thread and love your blogs, just started to service my tissot, its in bits just wondering if I can do the hard part now and put it all back together lol

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
So if I understood correctly you put the base plate + balance cock + balance assembly into the ultrasonic? Can you describe the solutions/timing of the ultrasonic cleaning?
Thanks!

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I understood correctly you put the base plate + balance cock + balance assembly into the ultrasonic? Can you describe the solutions/timing of the ultrasonic cleaning?
Thanks!
Yes, that's correct. After I've taken the watch apart, I take the balance jewels out of the base plate, then put the balance cock + balance with hairspring back onto the plate, and then take the top jewels out of the balance cock.

That way, the balance sits safely without any chance of damage to the hairspring. Can't thank Al enough for the hint!

I use L&R cleaning fluid (the one with ammonia in it, but the one without is fine, too). On a fairly clean movement, I do one cycle (roughly 150 seconds) in the ultrasonic cleaner, if the movement is pretty dirty, two cycles.

Also, I peg out all jewels with pegwood and remove dirt before putting it into the cleaning fluid / ultrasonic cleaner. Firstly, it keeps unnecessary dirt from getting into the cleaning fluid, and secondly, you get a better result.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
awesome job|>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts