WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow very cool. I have a question, I'm starting a tear down of my 6309 and I am wondering what oils/procedures for oiling do you use? I have never re-oiled a watch and would appreciate any advice you can give on it.

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow very cool. I have a question, I'm starting a tear down of my 6309 and I am wondering what oils/procedures for oiling do you use? I have never re-oiled a watch and would appreciate any advice you can give on it.
There are as many different opinions on that matter as there are people on this forum ;-)

A super-fine watch oil (such as Moebius 9010) for the fast moving parts (balance, escapement), and an normal watch oil (such as Moebius 9020) for the other wheel pivots. Grease on the crown and castle wheels and anything that slides, and Microgliss or a clock oil and the main spring, and the slow moving wheels and bits of the bottom plate (date change mechanism etc.)

I'm sure there will be lots of people with other opinions, but this should work. If you look at other posts on my blog, you will fine some photos of oiling techniques etc.

Good luck!

Christian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I have definitely heard anyone and everyone has an opinion on that. I was just looking for a option that will "basically not destroy the watch" ha. Your answer is great and I'll start browsing through your blog. Great site btw!

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have definitely heard anyone and everyone has an opinion on that. I was just looking for a option that will "basically not destroy the watch" ha. Your answer is great and I'll start browsing through your blog. Great site btw!
To start off with, get (from eBay), the Anchor watch oil, the super-fine watch oil, and the clock oil, and some watch grease. That will do the trick nicely, and not to any damage to the watch.

Moebius oils are very expensive, and, even though I use them, you don't have to do that to start off. Your problems will be of another nature ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts