WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a watch (it has a 42 hour power reserve) on a watch winder. i turned off the watch winder to let the watch go dead. it stopped after only 10 hours.

i can only assume that i did not fully wind the watch before the watch was put on the winder. ( probably not going to use winders anymore btw).

after the watch is dead and i handwind the watch fully, can i expect the watch to go 42 hours without putting it on ? i'm just trying to figure out if the power reserve function is working.

thanKS!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
i have a watch (it has a 42 hour power reserve) on a watch winder. i turned off the watch winder to let the watch go dead. it stopped after only 10 hours.

i can only assume that i did not fully wind the watch before the watch was put on the winder. ( probably not going to use winders anymore btw).

after the watch is dead and i handwind the watch fully, can i expect the watch to go 42 hours without putting it on ? i'm just trying to figure out if the power reserve function is working.

thanKS!!
Correct, remove the watch off the winder. Wind the watch about 40 complete turn. Time the watch from that point.

Make sure the chronograph feature (if you have chronograph) is not running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.