WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me about that time when you started getting interested in a watch, researched and then decided to look into the sales corner only to find out that you missed on some very good deals from a few weeks back.

I've been looking around for some Nomos and there were a lot of good options sold in June. fml :-( o|

How often do you guys check the sales corner?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Never happened....Nomos, wasn't he the Captain of a submarine, or was he the little fish in a movie ? :)

Reactions: shemp55

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quite a few times it happened to me, was so frustrated but then something magical happened ;) you find an alternative in the sales corner, I used to check it 3 times a day but no I found the watch I was looking for and have no money, I don't check it anymore to resist temptation ;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I saw something that I liked and in less than 24 hours from posted it was snatched. The first time I saw it it was around 1 hour before it was bought :/

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I don't like buying preowned watches, so I rarely wander over there. I've heard in threads on this forum that asking prices can be unreasonable though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Was on the hunt for a Speedy Pro a couple of weeks ago. I had saved a search for "Speedmaster Professional" that I would refresh every couple of hours, then I decide to change it to "Speedmaster 3570" only to find that one for a very good price and in excellent condition had posted, and sold in 3 hours. The thread didn't have the word "professional" anywhere so it never popped up from the previous searches...o|

Ended up getting a good deal somewhere else though so I guess I shouldn't be complaining...

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd been interested (still am) in a Smiths Radio Room. They're as rare as hens teeth in the sales forum... Then as I was doing my daily watchrecon check I noticed that there was one for sale, a fair bit cheaper than RRP. The ad was up for about 12 hours and it was already on hold pending funds.

It was up for sale and sold while I was asleep... Damn these time zones.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Never considered buying watches second hand really. There's something about purchasing a spankin' new watch and walk out the store like a boss..

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Never considered buying watches second hand really. There's something about purchasing a spankin' new watch and walk out the store like a boss..
talk to salesmen LIKE A BOSS try on watches LIKE A BOSS pay for watch LIKE A BOSS walk out the door LIKE A BOSS lose half the value on the watch LIKE... A..... BOSS?

haha all in good fun, i just couldn't resist... Obviously to each his own if it's worth it to you more power, I just couldn't resist the like a boss comment you made.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha all in good fun, i just couldn't resist... Obviously to each his own if it's worth it to you more power, I just couldn't resist the like a boss comment you made.
It is funny sometimes to think how we all have something in common but at the same time people go about it so differently. Grey markets, dealers, AD, trades, sales forum, garage sales, divers, chronos. This is why I read this everyday :)

·
Premium Member
63,831 Posts
My wallet dislikes watches enough as it is so I make a point of steering well clear of the temptations presented by sales corner.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I have bought all of my watches new from authorized dealers. I would see the same watches on this forum and on Ebay for much less pre-owned. On two occasions I had expensive (for me) watches break. Because the watches were new and bought from dealers I received excellent customer service on my warranty. One watch was fixed and the other was replaced with a brand new one. To me, the piece of mind a full factory warranty honored by an authorized dealer was well worth the money.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,461 Posts
Tell me about that time when you started getting interested in a watch, researched and then decided to look into the sales corner only to find out that you missed on some very good deals from a few weeks back.

I've been looking around for some Nomos and there were a lot of good options sold in June. fml :-( o|

How often do you guys check the sales corner?
For my last five purchases I didn't check the sales forum as the watches were available elsewhere. To be honest I've not bought a used watch through a watch collecting forum.

I don't go through closed sales and auctions worrying about watches that I could have bought if I had only been interested earlier. I peruse closed sale information only as a guide for what to pay in the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts