other hobbies you like to do
so dont be shy and give it a go
and plenty of photos

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi my names paul
i live in western australia and am 35 years old, married for 7 years and have 2 kids a boy 7 and a girl 5
im a horticultralist by trade but i work as a driller on a mine site looking for precious metals
i work away from home and have my own drill rig this is how i make the big bucks as it hard to make big dollars in perth

im the one on the right
i got into G shocks as i started in mining i thought i would need a tough watch and heard a lot about G's so i bought one and boy did i give it hell

this was my first love santasmile cant remember the number of it but i gave it hell
i have had so many watches since then but im better know for my collection and abuse i give my pro treks just ask sjors
i love pro treks as they are the best watch they made with all the bells and whistles on it

heres my favs the prg 90 and the prg 80
when we put these watches thru their paces we realy do it i use ll the features everyday and have had to use the compass on some very important times to get us out of the bush and it helped
my other hobbies is remote controlled planes petrol and electric and i just bought a rc helicopter
i love them all

and the watch im wearing this week is my beloved froggie this watch got losted in the mail for 6 moths when a friend of mine sent it from the usa we thought it was losted for good or stolen

well thats me in a nut shell
now its your turn|>

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Name: Alan
Wife: yes
Kids: never felt the need
Live: Watford, England (second home in Krakow)
What I do: Psychiatry
G-Shocks: intrigued by waveceptors, then by almost every G...
Hobbies: hi-fi, jazz
Photos: pass...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My name is Bill. I've lived in Houston, TX all my life. I am a CNC machinist with about 2 years of experience doing that. i'm a Christian and attend a Baptist church. I've never been married and do not have any children. Right now I don't have a picture of myself, so maybe later:-D I've always liked Casios, but never had a G-Shock. A few months ago, I saw a display case in Wal Mart with some tough solar wave ceptors in it. I saw the GW-500A(signature pic) and decided I had to have it. Now there's about 6 other G's that I want(and about 10 other watches). Since discovering WUS, my interest in watches has gone wild! Other interests include motorcycles and photography, listening to music, and watching my favorite show The Dukes of Hazzard.

Here's a couple I shot at the CMRA races in Hallett, Oklahoma last year.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Well I'm a CNC Machinist, 2nd shift supervisor, been in the business for almost 20 years now. I have a girlfriend, Laurel, and a 16 month old daughter, Lorna. We live in Milwaukee, WI. Have quite a varied collection of watches, half of them G's. As for how I got into G's, my dad gave me one that he got as a promo when he bought a car back in '97 or '98 which was a DW-004. Other interests include comics, which is how Laurel and I met, movies, music (used to play drums and hoping to get back into playing), tattoos, and playing pool. Here are a couple of pics of myself and the family. Oh, and the full name is Brian Daniels, age 39 :-d .

This one is of Doug Bradley ( Pinhead ) signing my Pinhead tattoo, which I promptly went and got tattooed after he got done.

This one is at Lorna's baptism back in '05.

And a couple of her Halloween costumes from this year.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mid 40s
Child psychiatry
DINKies
Like watches in general & Gs for the tech and value-for-money
Pass on pics: boundaries etc :-d

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Joey Henson - Sterling Heights, Michigan
Job - Special Projects, Reporting Manager DaimlerChrysler Services(for now).
Hobbies - Cars, Jeeps - offroading.
Married for 21 years, 2 daughters 14 and 19, 1 cat.
I've always been interested in timepieces but just purchased my first G-Shock a couple of weeks ago. And another is on the way.

A couple of pics of my wife and I, and one of my youngest and the cat.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is probably a good post for me to respond to since I don't think there are too many "chics" on the G-Shock Forum! My name is Dar and my handle has been techntrek for a long time because I work in technology and also love the outdoors and try to get out and about as much as possible. I am 34 and interested in a lot of things including mt. biking, backpacking, photography, snowboarding, kayaking, hiking, trail running, adventure races, etc. I also like reading, movies, and music and techy stuff. I have always had a love of watches and love G-Shocks because they can handle anything I throw at them outdoors and are very affordable. I have been with my partner for over 9 years and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We live in Michigan near Lake Michigan and have a lot of places to go outside and play. I also love to travel when possible and explore new places :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
ok lets go,

name: gerald

relation: girlfriend/no kids

live: in vienna/austria

work: PR-speaker for an emergency organisation called samariter

g-shock: got atracted to DW-5600E by seeing it on the wrist of my
favourite singer of the band the police. then reminded about my old casio in school, and nostalgic feeling combined with fascination of the technic and my love for 80s music in general started my collecting casio vintage and g-shock, since january i bought 8 pieces of watch

other hobby: collecting rare 80s funk records, about 3500 now, favourite at the moment is nick straker (LP 1983)

cheers
gerry

i have run this topic before but it always good to keep it going
tell us about you is
your name age
wife, kids, girlfriend
where you live
what you do
how you got into G shocks
other hobbies you like to do
so dont be shy and give it a go
and plenty of photos

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
your name age: Scott, 48
wife, kids, girlfriend: Barb-GF/ No kids
where you live: Oklahoma City
what you do: Aircraft Mechanic

how you got into G shocks: Had them for years. I now have 12 G-shocks, 1 Baby-G, 8 or 9 other Casios, 4 Seikos, 1 Citizen, and a few other assorted watches.

other hobbies you like to do: Harleys, Target Shooting, Fishing, Listening to Music (Country, Rock, Jazz, Techno)

Been registered and reading both here and on the Seiko forum for a while now, but just haven't needed to post any questions as yet. This is one awesome site. Sorry, no pics- no camera.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum rdnkbkr. :)

Harleys? Oklahoma? I think I might just about have worked out your forum name... :)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Name: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you
Where I live: God's own city, Newcastle in the UK (fonklover, I can see Sting's apartment from mine)
What I do: As little as I can get away with

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm Julie, 29
Married to John, 30
3 kids - Cara (5), Andrew (2), Alexia (7 months)
inernational civil servant - World Health Organization - secretary
How I got into g-shocks is really sad! My parents belong to Costco in the UK. I always wanted a g-shock when I was younger but they were too expensive. Then they started selling them at Costco really cheaply. Go figure the rest!
Other stuff: heavy metal music, video games, watching movies taking photos, blogging

·
Registered
104 Posts
My name is Ken.I am 49 years old.I am not married and have no children.I live in Seymour,Wisconsin.I work for a cleaning company.I first got a G-Shock in 1995.Saw it in K-Mart and liked the fact that it was water and shock proof.My other hobbies are :home theatre,music,Civil War,and photography.My favorite G-Shocks are the 5600 series.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Name: Cristiano
Girlfriend: yes, Silvia
Kids: never felt the need
Live: Near Venezia
What I do: Fashion Designer
G-Shocks: my collection show all my favorites: need only a GW-5600 and a Black Gaussman
Hobbies:Space and Military watches, vintage denim and military cloths, military books, History books, nice and reliable cars (Lexus), animals (cats and dogs are favorites) Jazz, Soul Jazz, Be Bop, Drum'n'Bass, electronica, Gilles Peterson, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen... Apple Evangelist since 1985, Collecting of toy soldier and armoured veichles from the British based AIRFIX model kit makers... I own a very big colletion of about 200 pieces...form '70 to 80 still in box.
Photos: Ok... it's better to pass! But I'm looking to a good one to post here!

;-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey tribe125, that's a lovely place you got a second home (Krakow).

I passed through there a few years ago and stopped over for a couple days. Beautiful square in the town centre.

Are G-Shocks any cheaper over there? I seem to remember in Ukraine they were more money than here.

Gyro...

Attachments

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hey tribe125, that's a lovely place you got a second home (Krakow).

I passed through there a few years ago and stopped over for a couple days. Beautiful square in the town centre.

Are G-Shocks any cheaper over there? I seem to remember in Ukraine they were more money than here.
Yes, we're very lucky. Our apartment is about 10 minutes from the square. My wife's father came from Krakow, and we had been visiting for years. We bought it before the property market became easily accessible to non-Poles. At that time, the only English voices we heard were our own - or Nigel Kennedy's (pretty famous English violinist with a Polish wife, and a home in Krakow). We couldn't afford to buy it now... G-Shocks are marginally cheaper than in the UK, but not enough to matter. For the average Pole, they're bloody expensive. You do occasionally see models that are no longer available in western Europe.

I don't know if you saw the White Lady. I'm the other one (with the mark of a White Lady kiss on my temptingly bald head).

·
Registered
762 Posts
My name is Paul. I am 51, and am from Rochester, Minnesota. Been married for 26 years, have two great kids. David who attends the University of Wisconsin (physics and math), and Carly who is a senior in HS, and will be joining her brother at the UW next year. My hobbies are motorcycles, golf, running, and watching my wife and daughter coach an adaptive cheerleading program for special needs kids (I am so proud).

I am a marketing counsultant for the hearing aid industry, apparently when you get old they think you know what your talking about. I got into G's about 3 or 4 months ago to get a tough watch to take on vacation. I now have 7 Mudman and my mechanicals are getting dusty. Having more fun now than I did in 5 years of collecting mechanicals.

Family pic is from vacation after a day of waterskiing, so we look a bit beat up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts