WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Citizen Caliber 2100 SS with the silver face for xmas and really love it. It is such a great looking watch face - busy enough but not too cluttered, it just looks and works like a very substantial watch (you can tell I REALLY like it).

So, just a fun poll - what do you chrono owners do with your chrono function. What things do you find yourself timing? This being new, I am using it a lot just for fun. My daughters "x minutes until bedtime"; how long it takes from the freeway exit to home, how long from in the shower to dressed and ready to go......

I know, silly but fun to use this great watch.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I time the laundry as we live in an apartment until I graduate from school.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i time the sex!

and on topic.. i time my servers reboot time.. i time how long takes for windows to boot.. etc :)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

I might be American, but I am a dedicated tea drinker. I know exactly how long I want my green teas to steep (and how long for the first steeping and how long for the second!), my Assam, my other Assam, my herbal teas, etc. All determined empirically based on my tastes, etc.

Hence I wear chronos a lot.

And when I am out with the wife and kids, I can always point out that I was at the meeting point at the right time, and they never are...

JohnF

PS: used to do some software metrics with the chronos, but changed over to using timing loops instead...

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I too use the chrono for cooking, travel time and coffee/tea... other than this I used it to measure 0-100 km/h time of my car and lap times of my friends on their bikes; sometimes I use it to measure speed of my PC and I even used to snip on ebay auctions....

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I use a chronograph in carrying out accident investigations....... How long does a car take to go from the stop sign to the point of impact? How long is a car in view for between first sight and the intersection etc. Boring but necessary.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
:-d I just play with it ... the chrono, that is. I really don't "time" anything; except maybe when riding the m/c. Sometimes I like to see how long it takes to get from Point A to Point B using different routes .....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Baking!

I use all my chronos for it. Hubby thinks that's hilarious.

I also start the timer when the jury goes out in a trial (I'm a state prosecutor) to see how long it takes them to decide on a verdict.

Miao, Cat

·
Registered
656 Posts
With my Omega Speedy Pro I time:

1/4 mile drag races
phone wait times on hold
cooking times

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
This question was recently asked on TZ-UK (a great group of folks) and their answers were very similar to those posted here.

Most indicated - nothing special, perhaps cooking, sometimes a special event, but in general the Chrono is a fashion feature not a tool.

Several indicated - decided in the minority - that they use the Chronos they own as tools.

I use my chronos at work routinely to time a variety of essential behaviors and would be using a stop watch or some crazy digital thing if I did not have highly accurate and reliable chronos to use instead. I've been able to take my Chronos off my Taxes as essential job tools (like a plumbers wrench) so that increases my enjoyment of them:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts