WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-!Hi All,

Recently I noticed on Zenitar's site, something tempting that isn't an Amphibian, and at a nice price! :-! (Please see attached photo, courtesy of Zenitar)

I know some people like the Vostok's with tank graphics etc… but I'm not too keen on them, just personal preference of course!

Anyone have one of these?

Cheers,

Marc One

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes that is nice, is this one of the new Komandirskie? Good unobtrusive dial design. Do you know the Vostok model reference? Zenitar doesn't always quote it as he lists under his own reference it seems.

Unless I'm mistaken Mister Mike has one of these, but I could be wrong.

edit: ah.. I think case ref 211 dial ref 783 from a little google research !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi howie77,

Zenitar's number for it on his e-bay site is 0292, I'm sorry I don't know what the factory ID is, however the price conversion for the UK comes out at around £23.50 + shipping.

Not bad value (imho)!

Cheers,

Marc One

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wish they had this dial as a 420 Amphibian in steel case (sigh!)...
The closest Amph to what you've presented is 420007:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Karamazov,

I know what you mean, it would look great in that style case!
I have a version of the one shown already along with a more recent orange one. (please see pics attached)

Many recent blue dial Vostok watches seem to have lighter blue coloured dials, possibly in response to the colour problems mentioned recently in some posts.

Cheers,

Marc One

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks a million Marc. This blue one looks really solid with these embossed numbers! Love it!
I wonder how big of a crime would be to have that Komandirskie dial franken with 420 steel Amphibian...:think:

Peace Comrade
Tov. Karamazov

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha, ha,

I love the blue one too, it was my first vostok (bought from Zenitar).

If you wait a while Zenitar will probably have the dials for the Komandirskie available via his e-bay site!

Cheers,

Marc One

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Ah it's a different model that I think Mister Mike has, but not entirely dissimilar, the 811783

and in actual fact I got your model reference wrong, it is of course the 211398

Íàðó÷íûå ÷àñû — Ìóæñêèå ÷àñû — Êîìàíäèðñêèå — 211398
Just to demonstrate how many variations of Vostoks there are, mine is actually the 431783. Don't see the difference? It's hard to tell, but the crown guards and lugs are a dead giveaway (though the overall look of the watches is so similar, I don't know why they continue to offer both):
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

As for putting the 398 dial from the original post into a 420 case and making it an Amphibian, I see no reason why Meranom or Zenitar couldn't do that for you. I know for a fact that Meranom has done this in the past for other forum members. I think that would make a great watch!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I might be mistaken, but I think I've seen this model referred to as the 'Trooper' edition. Picked up one of these a couple of months back. Couldn't resist the classic red-star face with traditional manual-wind Vostok movement - and 40 bucks!

Anyway, nice solid, reliable watch - although the black leather strap was total cack, so went with military style replacement that suited the watch better IMO.

Reactions: howie77

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I think that watch would be worth a shot for that price.

That leather bund strap looks great on that watch. I was thinking about putting something like that on my Komandirskie.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just to demonstrate how many variations of Vostoks there are, mine is actually the 431783. Don't see the difference? It's hard to tell, but the crown guards and lugs are a dead giveaway (though the overall look of the watches is so similar, I don't know why they continue to offer both): ...
H
i, yes I do see now! I was, er, 'busy' at work so could only take a relatively brief search as I was curious as to the model - but thank you for the correction :)

I might be mistaken, but I think I've seen this model referred to as the 'Trooper' edition. Picked up one of these a couple of months back. Couldn't resist the classic red-star face with traditional manual-wind Vostok movement - and 40 bucks!

Anyway, nice solid, reliable watch - although the black leather strap was total cack, so went with military style replacement that suited the watch better IMO.

View attachment 525848
as others have suggested... AWESOME! I love how that looks on the bund... any clues you might care pass our way as to where its from? ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"as others have suggested... AWESOME! I love how that looks on the bund... any clues you might care pass our way as to where its from?"

I'll second that! I usually have an aversion to all things brown, but I really like the look of this one, in fact I've seen a few of the orange Vostok's on brown leather straps and they look great too! Please, D1JBS let us know where you purchased the bund strap from?

Cheers,

Marc One

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ditto Marc and howie. D1JBS's from our backyard (UK and Ireland I mean) so maybe seller is also UK based (3-4 days and voila strap's yours!)?

Thanks a million
Tov. Karamazov

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yikes! Sorry comrades, this was an old strap that was rattling around in the bottom of my watch strap box that I've had for months and can't remember where it came from!

I've checked the reverse and there are no brand markings. All I can tell you is that the 'Trooper' takes a 18mm strap and that I generally buy my straps from the watchbandcenter.com

In the meantime - here are some more shots, including the fantastic detail on the case back.

Watch Watch accessory Strap Analog watch Fashion accessory
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Strap
Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Watch Material property

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi D1JBS,

Thanks for this, nice additional photos btw, the watch looks great.

I had a look on RLT's web site (UK based, Yorkshire) as I remembered that they had some bund straps but they are out of stock at present.

However, (you go looking for something and find something suitable for another project!) they do have quite an array of NATO style straps in various widths and the white version caught my eye, ideal for that early Poljot 3133 a 'space' look! (See attached):-d

Cheers,

Marc One

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts