WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
I just discovered if you hold down the bottom right button of your F91W Casio for 3 seconds the word CASIo will
be displayed if authentic. If you dont see CASIo then burn the piece of crap. Iam stuck with 3 pieces of crap.
Im sorry for your misfortune, but I did have a laugh at your final phase! :-d Also I had no clue there were fake F-91Ws out there

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wojo said:
Im sorry for your misfortune, but I did have a laugh at your final phase! :-d Also I had no clue there were fake F-91Ws out there
Thanks for comment ! I learned my lesson with Ebay , i now go to retail stores or amazon... it's the best way to insure authenticity

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think all those F-91Ws which come in all kinds of fancy colours are fake..... AFAIK, Casio never made anything else other than the standard black.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
time4d said:
I think all those F-91Ws which come in all kinds of fancy colours are fake..... AFAIK, Casio never made anything else other than the standard black.
yea i found that out the hard way after buying a few and then researching. now that i got hooked on Gshocks i have learned so much from WUS
I think there are some color models but in women F-91 or some of these less expensive casios. thanks for coment take care

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a cheap one from eBay. Turns out it's a fake. Loses about 45 seconds a day. Ok, it only cost £4 delivered, so I should have known better, but I still have the hump! Will order a replacement from Amazon I think!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Why would anyone manufactur a fake F91? Around here they can be purchased at a discount store like Walmart for only 15 to 18 bucks for a genuine Casio. Lol!!
Try looking at it this way: if Casio is able to make and profitably sell a good-quality watch for $15, then it follows that it's possible to make a lower-quality one for less than that. And once you've made up your mind on going down that route, you have two options - making a no-name cheap watch that very few people will pick up over a Casio, a familiar and respected brand - if they come across it at all (since Casio has much better-established trade channels) -, or taking advantage of the brand's cachet and making a knock-off that benefits from it but puts all the profit in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm curious what the real difference would be if you had a fake one. I could understand with a fake Rolex the difference might be in the value of hundreds of dollars. But with something like this it would be maybe a dollar? Less than a dollar?

Does it really make people feel better to know if this type of watch is authentic or not? The whole idea of a fake F91 is amusing.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I don't buy into the idea that the counterfeit watch is somehow lower quality than Casio. It's not as if Casio has better quality than other manufacturers. In the 80's there were many different well known brands making these kind of watches because of their popularity at the time, some even before the F91 model was introduced.

But today it seems like people care more about the brand name and the intrigue with this model. What if the counterfeit turned out to be of slightly higher quality? How would anyone determine this?

I would actually buy a similar (not exact) model if it had a different manufacturer's name.

It's all just marketing and brand loyalty.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I bought my son a fake f91w (inadvertently) and it was very difficult to pick until they are side by side. Anyway it is a crap time keeper it loses minutes in a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts