WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the Testaf01 - the old logo in grey looks particularly good and I like the idea of the count down bezel. I like the Testaf 02 and the coloured second hand is a nice option, but I prefer the old logo and count down bezel. My only question is this: how does it wear in practice, in terms of weight and height?
Does it sit on your wrist like a cylinder and is it really heavy?
The website says the case is made of Titanium which suggests it should be lighter but, its 115g. That sounds like a noticeable weight.
It also says its 12.9 mm in height. That's two more than one would normally expect. Does that make a difference in practice? If anyone owns one and has a 'looking down my sleeve at it' kind of photo, I would very much appreciate the help in making a decision.
I am just wondering if ti would look like a overly chunky thing on the end of your arm, rather than an interesting watch.
All help, much appreciated

·
Registered
336 Posts
Depends what you compare it with. Most dress watches from Seiko are at this thickness or more. 12.9 mm compared to a diver is rather slim, actually. If you compare it to Stowas dressier offering, then it might appear bulky.

My diver sits very well on my (slim) wrist at around this thickness, no issues with it. So the question here is, what are your other watches?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Partitio which is quite slender and the Fliegers are 9-10mm, I was just wondering whether it would look a bit too much - like a pot on your wrist, or whether it would be reasonable in practice. Its a lot of money to get it wrong. I bought an old Steinhart Flieger before and found that too heavy to be comfortable in daily wear, don't want to make that mistake again.
Do like the look of the Testaf though...

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I own a TO2, it’s stainless vs the ti and it’s definitely one of my heavyweight watches. But thats more due to the bracelet. But I dont notice it much even when switching from my Marine 36 which is very light compared to my TO2. If you wear your watch loosely then you may notice it shifting around though, I noticed that before I sized my bracelet for a better fit. (Slightly tight)

I have a small wrist and am most definitely pushing the size limit so beat that in mine when looking at the fit. (160mm) Also i provided a picture of my Marine ao you can see how a average thickness compares side-by-side on the same wrist.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own a TO2, it’s stainless vs the ti and it’s definitely one of my heavyweight watches. But thats more due to the bracelet. But I dont notice it much even when switching from my Marine 36 which is very light compared to my TO2. If you wear your watch loosely then you may notice it shifting around though, I noticed that before I sized my bracelet for a better fit. (Slightly tight)

I have a small wrist and am most definitely pushing the size limit so beat that in mine when looking at the fit. (160mm) Also i provided a picture of my Marine ao you can see how a average thickness compares side-by-side on the same wrist.

View attachment 15605383 View attachment 15605389
Thank you for this - that was just the kind of thing I was thinking about. It doesn't look too bad like that. My fear was that it would be like having a weird miniature saucepan on my wrist that would look like a stuck on addition. Actually the comparison with the much more svelte Marine makes it look less thick rather than thicker. Interesting point about the weight and the fitting of the strap. I did find the Steinhart a bother after a while and then putting on the Partitio was so pleasant by comparison that the Steinhart ended up in a drawer. I should weigh that as it marks a line that I find uncomfortable.
Really helpful, especially the photos - thank you.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I’ve got the STOWA GMT Flieger which (unless I’m mistaken) uses the same case & bezel as the Testaf 01.
My wrist is 7” and I wore this watch as my main daily for 2 years. It’s big but very comfortable due to lug shape and light weight.
Because of the height, it doesn’t pair well with dress shirts, but I wear it often with rolled shirt cuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh that is helpful, thank you. That gives me an exact I’d of what I might be looking at. Thank you very much for taking the trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts