WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so this may be slightly off topic since this is a clock and not exactly a watch. But...

I got this TI-70 clock at an estate sale the other day. It's pretty cool and in pristine condition but I can't find very much information on the internet.

Does anyone know if this is the first mass-produced digital clock?

Also, any idea what one of these is worth to a collector? (Sorry -- had to ask so I can decide if I should keep it or sell it)

I also attached a pic of another vintage Fairchild Semiconductor clock that I got.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Cool clocks. The TI looks as good as new.

Sorry but we don't give valuations here.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,336 Posts
OK, so this may be slightly off topic since this is a clock and not exactly a watch. But...

I got this TI-70 clock at an estate sale the other day. It's pretty cool and in pristine condition but I can't find very much information on the internet.

Does anyone know if this is the first mass-produced digital clock?

Also, any idea what one of these is worth to a collector? (Sorry -- had to ask so I can decide if I should keep it or sell it)

I also attached a pic of another vintage Fairchild Semiconductor clock that I got.

Any help appreciated!
Very interesting LED clocks from the 1970's. The website below dates both the 70 and 71 to 1974 so I doubt that it was the first mass produced digital clock. I remember digital LED clock radios in the early to mid 1970's that were considerably more expensive than their mechanical flip panel cousins. Ebay and possibly the LED watch/calculator/clock collector siteswill be your best sources for value.

DATAMATH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts