WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm going to Thailand in November with the other half, and she's planning a lot of sites that she wants to see while we're there. I'd like to get my own suggestions into the mix before all the time gets eaten up!

Any good places for watch shopping in Thailand? I'll be in Bangkok, Chang Mai, Hua Hin. Not looking for fakes, but rather some vintage Seikos or other good finds.

Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi all.

I'm going to Thailand in November with the other half, and she's planning a lot of sites that she wants to see while we're there. I'd like to get my own suggestions into the mix before all the time gets eaten up!

Any good places for watch shopping in Thailand? I'll be in Bangkok, Chang Mai, Hua Hin. Not looking for fakes, but rather some vintage Seikos or other good finds.

Any ideas welcome.
Sawadee krab ;-)

For authentic watches in Bangkok: Siam Paragon, CentralWorld.
MBK shopping center is where the fake watches are being sold, as well as fake designer jeans.

Please note that authentic (new) watches in Thailand are more expensive than in Europe (last time I checked was in 2011).
As for Seikos: there are some divers that they only sell in Thailand (for example, the Sumo with yellow dial).

Enjoy your stay in Thailand!

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sawadee krab ;-)

For authentic watches in Bangkok: Siam Paragon, CentralWorld.
MBK shopping center is where the fake watches are being sold, as well as fake designer jeans.

Please note that authentic (new) watches in Thailand are more expensive than in Europe (last time I checked was in 2011).
As for Seikos: there are some divers that they only sell in Thailand (for example, the Sumo with yellow dial).

Enjoy your stay in Thailand!

Cheers,
Rob
Not all watch shops in MBK are selling fakes. There's a ball, oris, Hamilton A.D. on the 3rd floor of MBK. Cant recall the name of the AD but it read something like this: "aim & ohm".

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Thailand is awesome! Enjoy! Try to get south to some islands and stay in some beach hut lodgings if you get a chance. Wake up and jump in the water with that diver.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm going to be in Thailand in November as well. Planning to hit Bangkok, Phuket and one of the islands. Not really looking to shop for watches, but I'm sure I'll look anyway. Haha. Hope you have a great trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts