WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear my watch on one of two straps...the stock bracelet or a Nato or Zulu. Lately I've been switching them up quite frequently between various Natos' (and Zulus') and the bracelet. Yesterday I was going on a drive along the Fundy shore and since it was such a nice day I had my window down with my arm out the window. When I brought my hand back in I found my Ocean 44 dangling on the Nato after one of the spring bars had apparently failed and let go! I was in shock and also extremely thankful that I was wearing it on the Nato. I inspected the lug holes when I got home and found them fine...simple spring bar failure most likely caused by frequent strap changes. I've replaced the remaining spring bar with a couple beefier ones and will try not to make as many changes to the bracelet and back!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Good for the nato. It's funny because I just put mine back on a nato yesterday. I also ordered extra springbars last week as well. I think they look good and are very comfortable also.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I've had a recent desire to try a leather NATO. I've found a couple that seem reasonably priced, so I might try it out. I tend to lean more toward the bracelet for normal wear, but I'm thinking the leather NATO might be an interesting option to try.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had a recent desire to try a leather NATO. I've found a couple that seem reasonably priced, so I might try it out. I tend to lean more toward the bracelet for normal wear, but I'm thinking the leather NATO might be an interesting option to try.
I have a leather nato which gets the most wrist action...I even made my own but it's not quite ready yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just posted recently elsewhere about a trip to Turkey where I slipped while ascending a waterfall in Saklikent Gorge. One of the spring bars on my Ocean DLC gave way while I was flailing around under water and the watch would have been lost if not for the zulu strap. Also, while in water in general, I appreciate the extra security at the buckle with the two-ring strap fold over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts