WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Thank you, AuctionSniper.com!

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  fachiro1 
#1 ·
Thanks to that site, I was able to win my ideal Damasko yesterday.

I am now the proud owner of a nearly new Damasko DC66 with the 12hr bezel and single-sided AR coating! I couldn't be happier!

I had a DC57, and as much as I loved that watch, it was just a tick too small on my wrist for my liking. I flirted with the Sinn 757 briefly, but there is just *something* about the DC66 that appeals to me more than any other pilot-style chrono out there. In truth, it appeals to me more than just about any other chrono that is <$5K.

Pics will follow on Tuesday, hopefully.

Sorry if this is premature, since I don't have any pics to contribute, but I couldn't wait to share the news!

Have a good Sunday, everybody. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, too.

#2 ·
That guy was willing to sell the DC66 for $1600 "buy-it-now". I should have done it. :-( Even at the price you paid you got a great deal. Wear it in good health!!!!

Thanks to that site, I was able to win my ideal Damasko yesterday.

I am now the proud owner of a nearly new Damasko DC66 with the 12hr bezel and single-sided AR coating! I couldn't be happier!

I had a DC57, and as much as I loved that watch, it was just a tick too small on my wrist for my liking. I flirted with the Sinn 757 briefly, but there is just *something* about the DC66 that appeals to me more than any other pilot-style chrono out there. In truth, it appeals to me more than just about any other chrono that is <$5K.

Pics will follow on Tuesday, hopefully.

Sorry if this is premature, since I don't have any pics to contribute, but I couldn't wait to share the news!

Have a good Sunday, everybody. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, too.

#3 ·
When was he offering it with a BIN?

There wasn't any BIN in the auction I won.

Regardless, it was as cheap as anywhere I've seen it online, so I'm happy.

#6 ·
Thanks. As I said, this is exactly what I wanted to order and was as cheap or cheaper than anyplace I found selling them and without the 1+ year wait to boot!

#8 ·
Re: nice pickup...

Lucky for me, I guess, Narwhal.

I'm just sorry I didn't spy that auction before any bids were placed. I would have bee all over that BIN price...

#17 · (Edited)
Trent,

I've got the RWC on one of Scot's Straps that you introduced me to. It's a bit more of a pillow case with softer corners and a highly domed sapphire than the run of the mill homages, plus no screw down crown so it's fast to keep powered up. Makes a nice shorts and flops watch for the weekend and lets the 210 live on a more dressy strap for work/dress.

Of course, I frequently get away with my Damasko 56 on sharkskin at work as well :-!

#12 ·
Hey, thanks, Ed!

This was my first time using any sniping software. I'm hoping this one will be big enough to hold on to. ;^)

Things down here are going well, make sure to let me know if you find yourself down this way again!

Hope you had a happy Father's Day...

#14 ·
Thanks, fachiro!

Should be here tomorrow. I can't wait! If this is what I expect it to be, as nice as my DC57 was but bigger, it'll give my PAMs a run for their money regarding wrist time!

#19 ·
Woot! The UPS guy just dropped it off and I scurried home from the office really quickly to pick it up. Wearing it now!!!!

I was right, this watch is everything that I'd hoped it would be! The increased case size (and the fact that the bezel is black, too, instead of bead blasted steel) make this watch look MUCH bigger than the DC57 I had.

I'm in love.

I'm not sure if all the DC6x watches have a bi-directional bezel or if it's just the ones with the 12hr bezel, but THAT was a welcomed surprise! At 100m WR, I don't see much need for a countdown bezel or for it to be unidirectional.

Well done, Damasko!

Pics will follow tonight. I'm back in the office now (albeit, staring at my wrist and not doing any real work).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.