WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Dr. Millars review of the 750T, I polished the grains of rice on my T-Graph and am amazed at how much better it looks! In this article, Dr. Millar pointed out the differences between the newer bracelets where the grains of rice are brushed, and the older 600T bracelets where the grains and end links are polished. In his photos, the grains looked better (to me) when polished. So, I removed the bracelet from my T-Graph, carefully masked off the outer rows of links (to be left brushed), and headed into my shop where I have buffing wheels mounted on a lathe. Here, using 3 grades of abrasive on 3 wheels, I was able to bring the grains up to a gorgeous polished lustre. They look so much more like the original grains on the vintage watches, very 3D. I also polished the center of the end links to match.

Without Peter's article, I probably wouldn't have even noticed the two different bracelets existed, but I'm certainly happy with the result.

Thanks Peter!

pics later, gotta run.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Mark,

happy to have been of help. Yep, unfortunately for me the brushed 750T and T-Graph bracelet just doesn't look as "ricebeady" as the older 600T bracelet. You are not the first to have polished the bracelet and I doubt you will be the last.

looking forward to the pics.

Pete

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent idea, where can I find information about it, if I considered to polished my bracelet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts