WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one unexpectedly arrived in my mailbox today. I wasn't even expecting it until later this week.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A hearty thanks from me as well - Jason got my Holotype to NH prior to a big fishing weekend!! He really went above and beyond for me and I am greatful!

·
Registered
311 Posts
ahhhh!! the waiting is killing me o|.....Just kidding :-d

Congrats..it has been a long road but I am thinking that it will be well worth it.

So did you have to sign for the package? I am wondering if I will get a nice surprise in my mailbox when I get home tonight...

Thanks
John

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
This one unexpectedly arrived in my mailbox today. I wasn't even expecting it until later this week.
Me too!!!!! I almost spit out my drink when I picked it up, that suckers heavy :-!.

Here is some quick proof,

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Unexpected is right...that Canadian tracking system is not very specific so they tried to delivery mine today and I was not homeo|

Congratulations to you and everyone else that got theirs today:-!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Holotype #187 (BB Yellow) is on my wrist as we speak. I had to change mine out to the cloth strap as my bracelet had a little issue but it's a very comfortable watch. Jason is the tops in customer service. I'm very happy with my purchase.
Matt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Oh man, you guys are killing me! All I get when I check on my shipping is a screen saying that the package was accepted at the Post Ofice. Having seen that you guys got yours early, I'm keepin my fingers crossed that mine comes early too.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
My Halios arrived today too, some quick and dirty pics below. Overall I am quite pleased with this watch - the size is a little smaller than I am used to but this should be a good option for those with narrow wrists.

Wore it for half a day, and its about +5s so far - so +10s/day out of the box is pretty decent for a Miyota auto movement. Initial impressions - the padded case is pretty nice at this pricepoint - it has a separate compartment for straps. The watch itself is mounted on a hefty screwlinked bracelet with a signed button-fliplock clasp. The watch itself is not particularly large, but the tall bezel gives it nice wrist presence. Imagine what a SAR would look like if it was in between the size of a regular SAR (40mm) and the JSAR (47mm) - the Holotype is 43.5mm wide and a rather short 45mm lug-to-lug. This last measurement makes the watch wearable on pretty much any size wrist - it definitely feels smaller on the wrist than big boys like the Kobold Seal or Korsbek OE, which are 54mm lug-to-lug. The 120-click bezel is clearly printed with full 60 minute marks (why don't more divers do this...most stop minute marks at 20) and the lume triangle has pretty good lume. I wish though that the lume triangle had a black border around it, but that is a minor gripe. The dial itself is quite legible without any extra text, and the lume on the dial and hands is quite good with a large surface area. I know it was advertised as "Seiko lumibrite" (I think) but its not quite Seiko bright - think better than a Sinn U1 (SL C1) but not as good as say an Orient 300M (lumibrite) or Korsbek OE (SL C3). The crown is large and easy to manipulate. It is a tad wobbly when you pull it out but doesn't really bother me - the crown is definitely not sloppy like some Russian watches I've tried. The bracelet has limited adjustment - besides the links all being the same size, the microadjust at the clasp has only two holes. However due to the short lug-to-lug, the watch sits rather securely on the wrist and I don't think people will find the lack of more adjustment to be an issue. I like how the bracelet does not taper - it is 24mm all the way down, the way it should be. The crystal is sapphire but has no AR coating.

So without further delay, here are a few pics on the wrist, and with some other large divers - the pictures are kind of deceiving as the Holotype is a smaller watch (width and height) than any of these, but makes up for it in thickness (think a 43.5mm SAR and you'll get the idea).

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Lovely Pete! :-!

My PVD says hi! THANKS again Jason! ;-)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Those black dial versions look great! Gotta say that the black-on-PVD looks especially badass.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
UPDATE: According to the Canadian Post website, my watch is now only about 2 hours away from me, so it'll probably arrive tomorrow! Woo-Hoo!! FWIW, I bought the brushed with black dial version. Yes I know, no pics or it never happened!:-d

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hmmm...the Canadian tracking site tells me that it has left Canada like 5 days ago and there is no more updates. The US tracker tells me that it was received in Seattle the 12th and I got that update last night!

Great...USPS tracking - always accurate and prompt! :roll:

Ok ok...I am impatient..especially when it comes to watches...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hmmm...the Canadian tracking site tells me that it has left Canada like 5 days ago and there is no more updates. The US tracker tells me that it was received in Seattle the 12th and I got that update last night!

Great...USPS tracking - always accurate and prompt! :roll:

Ok ok...I am impatient..especially when it comes to watches...
I think Canada post only tracks in the country, sucks I know. Does USPS track the Canadian stops aswell as US?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I think Canada post only tracks in the country, sucks I know. Does USPS track the Canadian stops aswell as US?
When my black dial PVD was en route, both Canada Post and USPS were terrible about giving updates. Canada Post said it left Canada, and USPS said it entered the US...nothing after that.

About 3 days after I got the watch, Canada Post sent me an email saying the package had been delivered:-d

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Good news ! Brushed black dial shipped yesterday, so I am expecting may be tomorrow...

Eric L. You got bead blasted... is this correct?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hi
I managed to find my watch on the tracking of the "Chronopost" website.
It landed in Paris this afternoon!
Looks like i will get stung for taxes though!!!;

Tue 06/16/2009
04:21 PMROISSY INTER CHRONOPOST
Shipment cleared by customs, consignee to pay duties and taxCustoms tax:Objet taxé
Hopefully Thursday
Paul

1 - 20 of 56 Posts