WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WUS 2016 Peacock watch arrived

Very happy with the overall finish and design, it also has a suitably solid heft that makes surprises people I let handle it.

My only (two) gripes are;

1. The Deployant clasp unfortunately doesn't suit my wrist/hand... and I have small hands!

2. There's no number to denote it's a limited run watch.

Apart from that well done HKEd! I'll keep an eye out for future projects from you.

Regards
john

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
i eagerly await for my 2 pieces to arrive. Enjoy yours. chage the strap if you like.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,956 Posts
It's arrived! Thank you Ed and all the committee and all the designers and workers. :-!

It looks fabulous. The colour is going to be a challenge to photograph (probably on the weekend when I've got time to shoot, edit and upload here without the accursed Photobucket). Definite bragging rights in this watch; there may be many watches this size but few that are so filled with machinery.

The movement is working great. Keeping good time. Winding and setting feels 'bigger' than a regular wristwatch, but more refined than a pocketwatch-derived piece. I gave it a few winds just to see the PR indicator move and waved it about a bit to observe the auto-winding, which put 10-15 hours on according to the indicator. Then I just wore it from 8pm to 10:30 after which it was reading about 55-60 hours, I think. After two hours of wear this morning it was reading full. Assuming that it is reading correctly, it seems to be a very efficient winder.

I've never before owned a push-button butterfly deployant on leather, and I'm finding is a bit fiddly, but it does help to balance the mass of the watch. This is definitely the heaviest wristwatch I own. It's a bit amusing to compare the diameter, thickness and weight with a vintage Meihualu pocket-watch, which is slightly bigger diameter but much thinner and lighter.

Lume is decorative rather than functional (very faint although it lasts all night), but legibility is excellent under a variety of lighting conditions.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's arrived! Thank you Ed and all the committee and all the designers and workers. :-!

It looks fabulous. The colour is going to be a challenge to photograph (probably on the weekend when I've got time to shoot, edit and upload here without the accursed Photobucket). Definite bragging rights in this watch; there may be many watches this size but few that are so filled with machinery.

The movement is working great. Keeping good time. Winding and setting feels 'bigger' than a regular wristwatch, but more refined than a pocketwatch-derived piece. I gave it a few winds just to see the PR indicator move and waved it about a bit to observe the auto-winding, which put 10-15 hours on according to the indicator. Then I just wore it from 8pm to 10:30 after which it was reading about 55-60 hours, I think. After two hours of wear this morning it was reading full. Assuming that it is reading correctly, it seems to be a very efficient winder.

I've never before owned a push-button butterfly deployant on leather, and I'm finding is a bit fiddly, but it does help to balance the mass of the watch. This is definitely the heaviest wristwatch I own. It's a bit amusing to compare the diameter, thickness and weight with a vintage Meihualu pocket-watch, which is slightly bigger diameter but much thinner and lighter.

Lume is decorative rather than functional (very faint although it lasts all night), but legibility is excellent under a variety of lighting conditions.
Gotta give us some pictures for now at least! Which version did you get? From the sounds of it I'm thinking maybe the Modern blue? Based on how challenging the colour may be to capture, and having some lume. We've yet to see one of those from the wild!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,956 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is the 'Blue' (Midnight would be a better description).

It has been admired by several friends already.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow, just was able to pick up my white dial and just...wow! It is stunning! No picture does it justice. This easily looks like a watch in the $1k+ range. Thank you again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,476 Posts
Nobody bothers posting a photo of the caseback?

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm really enjoying my project pilots watch, the old-time hammered finish is quite spectacular. The signed and finished deployant clasp is a nice touch and it showed up in a nice presentation box. Well done. Thanks to all you contributed.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts