WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if i should thank this forum for all of the help or curse you for ruining my life. I used to be happy with my cheaper watches and then i found this site.

I have spent far too much time over the last three weeks going through this forum. I had to double my budget and still I changed my mind a thousand times.

Alas I finally placed an order for a Seiko SARB021 last night and now I find myself siting here, just a few hours after ordering my first watch, woundering what I will buy next. Dont get me wrong it will be a while before I can talk the wife into letting me spend that much on a watch again, but I have already started the hunt.

So thanks. I guess.

P.S.I think that i will be on the lookout for a Swiss or German automatic in a similar price range as the SARB021. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
My wife told me to buy more watches :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
look at steinhart pilots, they are pretty and handwinds (mostly)
your sarb is awesome, wish you lucky shipping and best wearing vibes
some days that seiko also will be mine

you can save a bit on your next watches purchase and buy seiko monster :))

oh, you can save even more and consider some orients. just google (or wus-search) mako, sun&moon, bambino etc

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Whoa...she's a keeper!!!
Lol I guess it works because she collects shoes and purses so I'm totally justified purchasing time pieces.

However we both have reasonable limits. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am not sure if i should thank this forum for all of the help or curse you for ruining my life. I used to be happy with my cheaper watches and then i found this site.

I have spent far too much time over the last three weeks going through this forum. I had to double my budget and still I changed my mind a thousand times.

Alas I finally placed an order for a Seiko SARB021 last night and now I find myself siting here, just a few hours after ordering my first watch, woundering what I will buy next. Dont get me wrong it will be a while before I can talk the wife into letting me spend that much on a watch again, but I have already started the hunt.

So thanks. I guess.

P.S.I think that i will be on the lookout for a Swiss or German automatic in a similar price range as the SARB021. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Nice watch. Welcome to WUS, and welcome to the sickness. View attachment 982960

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
your sarb is awesome, wish you lucky shipping and best wearing vibes
Fingers crossed on the shipping. I ordered from Chino after reading several good reviews here (and best price i could find $537 including shipping). My hope is that it gets here quick with a little less handling then most places, Alaska is the first stop for most international shippment from asia.

·
Vendor
26,380 Posts
Dude, six months ago I didn't know jack about watches. I didn't have any "deal-breakers" or "must-have" rules about watches. I didn't have any "grails". I'd never heard of Orient. If you said "SARB" I'd think of some Balkan refugee. I thought my Citizen Eco-drive was an automatic. I had not one but two watches from Tommy Bahama. If I pointed to something on a watch it was either the doo-hickey or that watchamajig.

Now I've got a list of "deal-breakers" and "must-haves" that's going on 8 rules. I've lost count of how many grails I've had. I'm forming a support group for people that like Orients but can't make themselves buy a watch with mineral glass (GASP!). I know what three or four different SARBs look like just by their number. I don't even like my Citizen any more. All of my old quartz fashion watches are sitting in a jumble in a box hidden in my closet.

I still catch myself calling various watch-parts by made-up names, but I'm still a noob.

Reactions: DPflaumer
1 - 17 of 17 Posts