WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Damn is that thing sexy. I will admit, it looks a lot better in video than it does in pictures. Only knock on it would be not having a Adjustable Clasp like the SMP does. But that's an
easy fix right?
This is a pretty astonishing omission from Omega. Nor can you use the excuse that this is a "vintage reissue" piece, either, as the bracelet on Speedmaster '57 Trilogy that Omega released in 2017 had a similar vintage style bracelet and clasp but they managed to have an adjustable clasp. Maybe you can buy an adjustable clasp from Omega, as you can for so many other models, but it would most likely be a more "modern" clasp that won't have the old vintage logo that this one has.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
This is a pretty astonishing omission from Omega. Nor can you use the excuse that this is a "vintage reissue" piece, either, as the bracelet on Speedmaster '57 Trilogy that Omega released in 2017 had a similar vintage style bracelet and clasp but they managed to have an adjustable clasp. Maybe you can buy an adjustable clasp from Omega, as you can for so many other models, but it would most likely be a more more "modern" clasp that won't have the old vintage logo that this one has.
I think the issue is how fine the bracelet is on this (as it also is in 20mm form on the Apollo XI 50th Anniversary) and so the clasp has to be proportionate. The bracelet on the 60th Anniversary is much chunkier, and has a proportionately bigger clasp that can accommodate a quick adjustment feature. It’s just a trade off really.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, that is a nice watch. The price though, is ridiculous🤣 I think it is funny, when homage Rolexes like Ginault is asking for only 1500$ compared to real Rolex. The argument from a lot of prople is that they can do it because it is just a "copy". When Omega "copy" a watch it is suddenly "harder" to make a copy and okay the price is hilarious😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts