WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brand or watch are you always looking at and admire, but for some reason you never buy it.

For me it would be Oris and Ulysse Nardin, I think they have really nice watches but for some reason I always end up looking some place else only to come back and admire some more. :-s

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Vacheron Constantin ... absolutely love love some of their watches, but I also look at either PP or JLC when a particular VC catches my eye and then it gets pushed into the background :s

Edit: I must point out I meant vintages, I can't see myself paying that much (for a new watch), except perhaps for a JLC Memovox sometime in the distant future :-d

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
PP, AP, VC all have great watches but I am not going to spend £10k+ on one.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
For me, Ulysse Nardin & Muhle Glashutte....great style & history, but over priced.

Reactions: davidtsee

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
VC Overseas, ALS, PP, AP ROO... mainly because I can't afford one without selling most / all of my collection. That being said, I am quite content with what I already have.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Panerai. I love everything about them but at those price points brands like JLC, Omega, and Breitling offer so much more.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
There are plenty that I cannot spend that kind of money on, but of those in more realistic price ranges, I'd say Stowa. I think almost everything they make is attractive, and I particularly like their Flieger, but I haven't went for one yet.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Which brand or watch are you always looking at and admire, but for some reason you never buy it.

For me it would be Oris and Ulysse Nardin, I think they have really nice watches but for some reason I always end up looking some place else only to come back and admire some more. :-s
You should re-title this to be

Which Watches "that you can afford" do you consistently look at but don't buy.

This would make for better discussions.

While people will say certain watches if it's not something you could buy today without hesitation or changing anything in your life than it's just another Thread about what watch do you like but don't like :)

I like the idea of saying which watch do you love but never pull the trigger on for some reason.

I have one. It's an ORIS Porsche watch. I don't know the name.
It's not too expensive like $3k but every time I decide I really want the watch and go to buy one I realize that I just won't ever wear it. I have too many others that are similar and I fear it would be a nice addition with no wrist time. It's really a beautiful watch.
01 673 7611 7084-Set - Oris RUF CTR3 Chronograph Limited Edition - Oris TT3 - Motor Sport - Collection - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.

Here's a 2nd piece I've looked at 40 to 100 times and actually had on hold a few times. Love the looks. Just like the maker. Haven't figured out if it's me or not yet. So I'd say I will 99% for sure never own this piece
Jaquet Droz GS Ceramic Power Reserve J027035401 - EXPO 5417

I also just saw a Ball on WRUW yesterday or today's thread that is by far "not even a close 2nd" the best looking Ball I've ever seen. I know I'd never wear it as it reminds me of others I own. But darn if it's not pretty. Owned by Imitationforlife (screen name) I believe. Very nice.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As far as watches I can afford, every time I have shopped for a watch I have considered at least one of Christopher Ward, Steinhart, or Longines but every time I have ended up with something else (Benarus, Hamilton, Seiko Ananta). I'm looking for another watch to fill out my collection and, again, I'm considering something from all 3 brands. But who knows what I'll end up with.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Oris definitely makes my list. I love so many of their watches, but then when I see proprietary straps, I walk away.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
For me, Ulysse Nardin & Muhle Glashutte....great style & history, but over priced.
I agree with the Glashutte.. I want the Big 29'er but just too pricey.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
There are plenty that I cannot spend that kind of money on, but of those in more realistic price ranges, I'd say Stowa. I think almost everything they make is attractive, and I particularly like their Flieger, but I haven't went for one yet.

For me, it's the 200 year wait that keeps me out of watches like Stowa and MkII. Used, sure, but I don't like giving money away and waiting months and months and months to receive the watch. Only under very special circumstances do I do that.

Reactions: vmathl

·
Registered
457 Posts
I always admired Rolex Submariner watches at a distance, but thought it insane to spend $7000-$10,000 for a watch when I could easily buy an accurate Seiko for $150 or less. Now I have a new Ceramic, No Date Submariner. What the hell am I doing??? I need help!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
I have developed a great respect for the brand Rolex. The Prince Cellini is one of the best dress watches made IMO. The sport line garners all the attention, but the Prince is a true gem.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Oris definitely makes my list. I love so many of their watches, but then when I see proprietary straps, I walk away.
You make a great point with this. I would love to have the new regulator diver they came out with at Basel this year but I would hate to be stuck using proprietary straps on it.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts