WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How popular is the mod that replaces the clasp on the old Bond Seamaster with the new push button clasp?
I want to do it and my local Omega dealer will order the clasp and the two end links for a total of $400 US

is it worth it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I do not recommend modding the pre-smpc bond seamaster (2531.80, 2254.50, etc). The new adjustable clasp is huge in comparison to the old style one, which matches perfectly with the bracelet it came with.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
FWIW, I use the quick-adjustment feature of this bracelet/clasp combination almost every day. I wear the watch at least five days per week now (as I absolutely love it) and the ability to do so comfortably factors into that.

The new clasp is long, definitely. My left wrist is 7 1/2” and somewhat “boxy” but I have zero issues with fit or conflict. Honestly, I rarely feel the watch on my arm at all. I did acquire the OEM rubber strap with the pin/buckle combo but have not felt compelled to even give it a try. I ordered it with the watch purchase as I was concerned that the bracelet might be an issue (purchased watch on bracelet). It has not been.

Watch Arm Gesture Finger Clock

Disclaimer: I have no experience with the earlier references or details involved with a potential retrofit.

Edit:

I sometimes prefer wearing any watch on my right wrist (right-dominant). My right wrist is about 7 3/4 and the adjustable clasp makes that a breeze.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Finger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts