WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,589 Posts
I think there was once a post on this forum from someone who had received his first mechanical watch and didn't realize that he needed to wind it. He was asking whether it needed a new battery. :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Years ago I was cleaning up around my bench and decided to take a bag full of around 20 ladies Timex watches to work so that I could give them away. I dumped them on a table and told the women in the office to help themselves. Most of the women were between 22 and 30 years old so NONE of them had ever worn a watch that needed to be wound before.

As you can imagine, I got questions like "so do I wind it once a week"? To which I responded "If you only want to wear it once a week"! lol I ended up having to give them a demonstration on how to wind a watch. I joked with them saying "Next week I'll give you all lessons on how to dial a rotary phone"!

The best part was watching them all afternoon as they would type for a few minutes on their computers, then hold their wrists up to their ears and listen to the watch tick!

Ron

·
Registered
12,746 Posts
I think there was once a post on this forum from someone who had received his first mechanical watch and didn't realize that he needed to wind it. He was asking whether it needed a new battery. :)
So we found the guy leaving one-star reviews of mechanical watches on Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts