WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were rumors and now its a reality. The Apple watch is taking over. Dec, who had according to my previous research a Rolex Explorer, all be it covered to hide the time. Now? An Apple watch. It may be small fry but with pretty much unlimited money access the Apple watch is like buying a tin of juice and not the same class as a Rolex Explorer.

He could at least dual watch like me? :)

Garden Plant Botany Grass family Houseplant

·
Premium Member
73,555 Posts
Yep. The AW continues its relentless march. Even my own daughter thinks they are the bees knees (why don’t you get one dad?)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. The AW continues its relentless march. Even my own daughter thinks they are the bees knees (why don’t you get one dad?)
Don't, Its a trap! :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't understand the AW. I don't understand why someone would want to have one on their wrist. What does it do that a real watch and phone do not?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use mine on the left wrist for fitness tracking.

I have an auto on the right.

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use mine on the left wrist for fitness tracking.

I have an auto on the right.
Ah, that's something I always forget about. People these days want to "track their steps and hear trate." I'm a former professional athlete, and still extremely active in sports. I just don't understand this new fad. It's like out of shape people want to have an excuse "well.....I walked 10,000 steps today, I shouldn't have to work out and I earned some pizza."
(Not saying that's you, but it certainly is 95% of the people I work with)

Nope.....Not for me.

I do, however, have a GPS watch solely for Strava racing segments and figuring out how far I've gone in the woods. But that's a heck of a lot different than an Apple Watch.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, that's something I always forget about. People these days want to "track their steps and hear trate." I'm a former professional athlete, and still extremely active in sports. I just don't understand this new fad. It's like out of shape people want to have an excuse "well.....I walked 10,000 steps today, I shouldn't have to work out and I earned some pizza."

Nope.....Not for me.

I do, however, have a GPS watch solely for Strava racing segments and figuring out how far I've gone in the woods. But that's a heck of a lot different than an Apple Watch.
It can do that and the rest. I try to double my goals. :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts

Nope.....Not for me.

Thanks for that. I was never a professional runner but have run a few marathons and half marathons and run regularly. I look at the clock on my street when I start and again when I finish. I don‘t need step, calory amd heart rate counters. I can judge for myself how I feel. It is called common sense, something that may have gone lost when the writing on plastic coffee cups appeared that the product is hot.

And for time telling I have my mechanical watch

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Seems like a good reminder that possessing money does not ensure that one possesses style.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know someone that bought one so he could couple it with his iphone and use the GPS function while on a motorcycle. I don't want to look at my wrist when riding but I guess it's a reason to own one. I have a feeling sunlight would make it useless and a danger more than anything but to each their own!

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Personally I don't feel the need to use the watch with all the bells and whistles as long as it's connected to the phone...personally I use an old skool polar watch to monitor my HR while I'm in the gym,but beyond that,I prefer a watch that shows the time,not whether I have a new sms,WhatsApp message et al....

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I just don't understand this new fad. It's like out of shape people want to have an excuse "well.....I walked 10,000 steps today, I shouldn't have to work out and I earned some pizza."
I was at a family gathering on Sunday and one of my extended family members who is....shall we say....large, was bouncing back and forth on her feet while loading up her kids plates. I actually offered to take over for her if she needed to go to the restroom so badly. She laughed and said "Just getting my step count for today"

In the background, my wife had to waive me off because she knew exactly what was coming out of my mouth next.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hi

I can see the use of these devices in tracking sleeping patterns and heart rhythms, also if you are a super outdoor hill runner or similar. So for health monitoring and direction finding.

But apart from that forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
At least she’s tying to do something? I have much more respect for that than her sitting on her ass not thinking at all about it.

I was at a family gathering on Sunday and one of my extended family members who is....shall we say....large, was bouncing back and forth on her feet while loading up her kids plates. I actually offered to take over for her if she needed to go to the restroom so badly. She laughed and said "Just getting my step count for today"

In the background, my wife had to waive me off because she knew exactly what was coming out of my mouth next.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Hi

I can see the use of these devices in tracking sleeping patterns and heart rhythms, also if you are a super outdoor hill runner or similar. So for health monitoring and direction finding.

But apart from that forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have always wondered who are these people who need a device to tell if they slept ok or not. When I wake up I immediately know if I slept ok or if I'm tired.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts