WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not a single 30th anniversary model? Unless you count the Eminem.. But not even one with 30th anniversary on the backplate?? I think they missed a lot

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i was surprised the lightning yellow and new era didn't make the list.. even i thought the dates were late.. but then the Eminem is on the list and it's not even out in Australia yet.. So I don't know what criteria they used to make the list.. maybe the guy who made the list just gave us his personal favourites or something..

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
It seems like the whole point of making this list was to advertise the watches on it, because they are currently available models. Limited editions that have passed like the Resist Black are not mentioned because no money will be made off them anymore. Of course they would never mention a collector's watch like the GW-T5030, the first traditional screwback square made of titanium. They don't mention the titanium frogs (GWF-T1030) because they are out of reach to most people due to their limited numbers and high prices. So these are just watches that they are trying to push right now. It is an advertisement meant to hype the Eminem, and also call attention to other models that maybe aren't getting as much sales as previously hoped. Sorry to sound so cynical. It's cool they mention the Rangeman, but I would say the one that will be respected the most from 2013 is the yellow one, which doesn't need any advertising.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
This seems mostly a marketing list...

No [email protected]? No GD-350? No Devastator and ICERC Mudman? No GW-A1100 Aviator, the biggest news on this years Baselworld? No gen 2 BlueTooth GB-X6900? No Undefeated? No American Culture? No Stüssy and Bape Frogman? No NEW ERA? Lightning Yellow anyone, SERIOUSLY?:rodekaart

I have probably missed something else that was great, it has simply been a great year with many big releases (135 pieces in total)...:-!

I have not gotten all the ones I listed above (after all there is something called a budget).

Towards the end of the year I will probably make my own top list...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Joakim, The Romanticator is there at Number 6 as a representative of the crazy colours 8900 series. Agree the Undefeated is a big omission as it got lots of press here.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
View attachment 1319008
Where's this one???

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
Haha I had a feeling you would bring that one up, that Is why I did not mention it to see if you would!:-d

I think that one tend to be forgotten about is because it is almost too rare and also it was a bit pricey for a 6900 model. I contemplated getting that one after your article, the red is truly delicious...:p:p:p

But had trouble squeezing it in my budget... so ended up not getting it. But it sure is pretty that is for sure...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Hi Joakim,

Yes, this is a great model, but it was quite limited I think. The X-Large collab is nice and falls in the same category as the Akira models, though, this model is just released. The New Era is normal release, has a great well thought design in combination with the iconic New Era sticker, but isn't in the list, while the Eminem is a bit hmmm so so.. It's nice. I will probably get one if it's out, but to me it's not a must have. I do not know what that Baby-G is doing in that list either. When lok at the list, I also think it's all personal preference. My top 10 will always look different from yours and others, at least I hope. Isn't it an idea to start a personal tp 5 or top 10 thread, to see how much we all differ? Maybe a nice idea to conclude 2013. Anyhow, I think I will have to punish my brain to choose my selection, though you probably know my #1 ;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That Akira 'Kaneda' Red collab is a really, really nice piece. I would have been hunting it had I not gotten hold of an CLOT or 'Edison' as I like to call it (which is also very nice) :)

Amongst the masses of DW-6900 Collabs I think these really stand out... But I'm looking forward to more being done on the X6900, I think it's a nice upgrade on the iconic 6900 :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts