WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 9081 Posts

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Watch Purchasing Abstinence Club (WPAC)

Welcome to the 2019 Watch Purchasing Abstinence Club, otherwise known as WPAC. This is the 3rd year of WPAC, which was started at the beginning of 2017 as I was in a spiral of buying, flipping and buying again. Sometimes I was looking at the next purchase before I'd even received the last one I'd ordered, it was a little crazy and not exactly healthy . As well I wasn't putting much thought into my purchases so very few became long term keepers. Part of the problem, for me, is here on WUS you're exposed to new shiny watches all the time and the constant new purchases you see create a norm of buying. Yes, I could just stop visiting WUS, but I like watches and I like a lot of the threads on here……

OK, so what is the point of WPAC? Well it's a tiny corner of F71 that is a safe place for those that are intending to abstain from buying watches over the rest of 2019. Yes we still love watches, but as we all know the exposure to shiny stuff on WUS can be overwhelming and somewhat of an enabler and for those with a weaker will (that'll include me…..) this is a place to get help. Here you can take solace from like minded f71 brethren and get support and encouragement. We can even swap and share coping strategies for getting through what will be a tough time.

For the WPAC regulars (including the lurkers) we all know the SOP for this, but here are the rules for 2019, these have changed slightly from last year as I think we need a tougher approach to this…….

Ground rules:

1. Abstain from buying any watches for the whole of 2019.
  2. Pre-orders, even if delivery is in 2020, still count as a purchase.
  3. Trades are acceptable but must not result in any $ spent to make up the difference.
  4. New straps, parts and tools are acceptable (buying all the parts separately to make a watch is not!).
  5. Sales are okay but $$$ can not be reappointed to a new purchase.
  6. Watches given to you as a gift are acceptable but the one in one out rule applies (see rule 9).
  7. Purchasing for profit is allowed, but watches purchased to make a profit shouldn't be worn or find their way into your watchbox. If they do then it's back to the one in one out rule. And we don't want see them.
  8. One exception allowed for the year, but on the basis of one in one out. The exception is intended to cover weakness of will and also that occasion where there is something special that you've been saving or looking for available. If you can avoid using it then great.
  9. If you fall from grace and succumb to temptation then the one in one out rule applies (applies to pre-orders as well).
  10. If you fall from grace twice then there is a self-imposed ban from WUS for a month.
  11. All members to post SOTC (with photo of all watches) and state their intentions for 2019. This needs to be your first post please!
  12. Please participate in the thread!
  13. Bashing* of any potential purchases is mandatory, but let's keep it funny. Nuclear level bashing is required for any actual purchases.

* - bashing has become a divisive issue in previous threads and it needs to be made clear upfront that bashing (meaning finding faults with a potential purchase in any way possible) is perfectly acceptable behaviour here and is encouraged. If your fragile ego can't take a little bit of abuse at an inanimate object that you desire then you're either too sensitive or in the wrong place. Having said that we need to keep it within the bounds of reasonable behaviour……. b-)

If you've got a different goal, but it's aligned with the spirit of WPAC then feel free to join in and tell us what you're intending. And let's be clear here, neither I or anyone else can stop you purchasing a watch, it's up to you. WPAC is more of a state of mind than strictly keeping to some rules. This isn't a deadly serious thread it's intended to be fun and for those who really do want to try and abstain…….

And if you do have a slightly different goal just expect to be treated as if you are abstaining, I'm not going to be remember every person's little permutation of the rules |>

·
Registered
10,085 Posts
So.. I'm in for 2019. Or at least I'll try. 2018 was utterly shameful for me in terms of watch flipping, so gotta bunker down for 2019.

For easier reference months down the line, current state:

3(+1) watches in various states of possession.
1) Bulova Moonwatch PVD; 2) Maen Hudson LE, 3) Seals Model C (still on it's way to here in post systems...), (4) G-Shock 5600.

Intentions for 2019: sell the Maen, sell or give away or whatever the GShock, since neither of the two is really being used. Bulova and Seals should be / will be kept and worn.. (And if the Seals arrives and completely doesn't cut it, then... idk.)

Bring on the new year.

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in for WPAC 2019.

I thought it would be a worthwhile exercise for WPAC 2019 to firstly look back over 2018 and try and perform a bit of an autopsy on what happened. I started 2018 with the following watches:

Oris 65 40mm, Eterna dress watch (heirloom), Squale 30 ATMOS Pan Am, Seiko, SBDC051 (modern 62mas interpretation), Squale 30 ATMOS Horizon Ceramica

Sold both the Squales and bought two dress watches: Seiko mini GS SARX035 and Archimede 1950's. I'd had a notion that if I had specific watches for work that I would only ever wear for work this would free up the other watches and I'd be less inclined to flip/buy because I didn't wear them as much. The truth was that I got bored of both watches and not having some variety during the week and being honest I'm just not a dress watch person. So eventually both of those got sold.

Along the way there was also an Armida 62mas homage and a Seiko mini turtle. Neither lasted very long.

It culminated in purchasing a MKII key west, which was intended as a an exit watch, but that didn't work out. I think that I found the MKII disappointing in the end, well it's just another sub homage and whilst a nice one, it wasn't as special as I thought it would be. The issue I had with the SELs and getting the spring bars correctly seated was a surprise and a disappointment considering the much vaunted quality of MKII products. I think that this experience woke me up to several things, first that I'd finally exhausted the need to have sub homages and second that I no longer wanted homages, I want something original and preferably with heritage…….

2018 conclusion: very poor performance from a WPAC perspective and a -D mark for the year. From a non-WPAC perspective I think that I learnt some important lessons for myself.

OK so here is the state of my collection at the end of 2018:

Eterna dress watch:

Oris 65 40mm:

Up front before committing to WPAC 2019 I'm declaring that for 2019 this will increase by two that I'm buying based on a very generous Christmas cheque from one of my relatives. That and I've come to the conclusion that I can't live with just one watch (considering I don't really wear the Eterna), so I'm buying a Steinhart Titanium 500 GMT and a Seiko turtle SRP775. These are both watches I've owned before (well it was the non gmt Steinhart) and liked, but sold. OK folks say you sold ‘em for a reason so don't repeat the mistake, but I think that the mistake was selling them simply because I wanted to get the next shiny watch rather than keeping them and appreciating what I had.

Seiko SRP775 is a classic dive watch and comes with the rich Seiko heritage in dive watches. It also is cheap and 2018 taught me a big lesson regarding the amount of money I'm willing/comfortable spending on watches and the SRP775 is just perfectly priced and gives huge bang for your buck. As well there are opportunities to modify it and create something more unique and suited to my tastes. Despite the big diameter the lug to lug measurement is within what I can wear.

Steinhart Titanium 500 GMT is an original design, it's not a homage as most of their other models are. As well it is just bloody good looking and is titanium which I like and have a connection with via my profession. I love the tool look and the lack of any polishing and I'm always a sucker for a GMT. No modifications but it will get treated to straps……..

This will bring me up to 4 watches in total. One dress, two divers and a GMT.

My intentions for 2019 are as follows:

1. No new purchases and I'm excluding myself from the exception rule.
2. Get into straps for all the watches.
3. Light modifications for the SRP775.
4. Wear my Eterna more.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm in. I bought one watch in 2018. Whatever I do, I shall buy no more quartz watches. All mine have died from neglect this year, a sad fact I discovered, when I finally got my act together and started swapping out batteries. :-/

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I bought 2 watches in 2018 (one was 1-in-1-out), and was given a family heirloom watch to look over for the family. I'm not buying anything in 2019, I'm saving. C grade for me. I like the rules for 2019, kudos on those. Happy early New Year to all, and I truly wish everyone a good year in all respects~

Here's where I stand (the oooold Hamilton's actually not as gross as it looks in the first picture):
SOTC 2018.jpg
Hamilton
Hamilton.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
I bought 2 watches in 2018 (one was 1-in-1-out), and was given a family heirloom watch to look over for the family. I'm not buying anything in 2019, I'm saving. C grade for me. I like the rules for 2019, kudos on those. Happy early New Year to all, and I truly wish everyone a good year in all respects~

Here's where I stand (the oooold Hamilton's actually not as gross as it looks in the first picture):
View attachment 13760173
Hamilton
View attachment 13760207
Beautiful Hamilton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I didn't officially participate last year but I lurked and made some comment in the 2018 thread mainly because I found the frequent posters interesting, knowledgeable, funny, and to some degree insane. 2018 on a grading scale for me would have been a strong D--- / F+ in my own opinion as I bought and sold watches like a drunken sailor. I ended up selling two watches that really should have and could have become my exit watch, either of them. One was a simple Swiss and one was a higher end Japanese. I won't mention them because the pain is still there.

I began 2018 rather healthy owning ONLY two watches that I enjoyed very much. The Seiko Sumo admittedly was a 3rd time "re-buy" and the Damasko DA37 was the second Damasko I had ever owned, the first being a DA36. Both of these got sold in 2018 and the floodgates opened WIDE to include two other Damasko versions that were quickly flipped for within $10 of what I paid for them. Several Seiko divers, the longest tenured one that I still own was purchased in March of 2018. I actually love this watch and if it was 38mm-39mm it would easily be my exit piece. As it stands however it always seems to wear just a shade too big for my liking....still, it has remained. Shortly thereafter I bought the SRP775 (never have mounted on the pristine OEM bracelet...always worn on rubber)...another really cool Seiko but my least worn piece since it arrived in April of last year. I went on a Grand Seiko 9F buying binge and still have 2 of the 3 I purchased in my watchbox. For less than a couple days Starbucks orders I picked up two classic but low dollar Casio digitals and then followed that up with a Solar Tough G-Shock. The G-Shock traditionally got worn on days I was expecting a new watch arrival/delivery. There are others that get short term binge worn, an in-house manufacture BALL Engineer "M" that is superb but at 43mm simply too big... a Carl F Bucherer Patravi Autodate which at 38mm and on an IWC Alligator strap gets the most wrist-time lately. Recently picked up a 3rd time re-buy of a Seiko Orange Monster (Gen2) and a quirky 1988 Seiko 36mm quartz diver on jingle jangle jubilee. The only one I hadn't mentioned until now is a forum purchased Seiko 6309-7049 from January of 1979 that unfortunately had to have an entire movement replacement at a local watch shop.

Where I stand entering 2019 does not make me very happy with myself. I am going to take charge and get back down to that breathable, comfort zone of maybe 2-3 watches by selling off the majority of this box's contents. There is even the possibility that they ALL would be sold and I would either decide to keep the SBDC053 which is my gut feeling or purchase ONE wristwatch in the $4000-$6000 range that really is quality enough to be my "EXIT". Potential candidates for that would be a 38mm Zenith El Primero, 36mm Rolex Explorer I, 36mm Rolex Datejust, 36mm IWC Pilot, or 37mm Grand Seiko Automatic. Lets see how that works out!

I'm IN.
imageedit_126_2421721097 (1).jpg

Ending 2018 with 12 wristwatches..... Goal in 2019 to have no more than 3!
imageedit_1561_6503404803.jpg

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
WPAC 2018 was good for me, so I'm in for another year!

I had an eventful 2018. After lurking here and on a few other watch sites for the past few years, I joined WUS almost a year ago simply to be able to buy more watches. I had been a bit of a flipper in the past, and this year I put it into high gear. I began the year with just a few, and by midyear I had purchased 50 watches and flipped 19 of them. So, at a standing collection of 31 I decided I needed to stop buying every Swiss movement watch that met my limited criteria and focus on enjoying what I had. The freedom from "the chase" was very liberating.

Thus began a big sell-off and consolidation effort, dropping from 31 to 13 pieces in a matter of months. A few months later I dropped down to 12, but it was too much, too fast, and as some people saw in the previous thread, I relapsed last week, purchasing three watches that either duplicated exactly (Steinhart OT500) or were similar to a few I had sold (Steinhart GMT and Zelos Skyraider Meteorite). So 12 watches, plus those three, plus a Christmas gift of a Speedmaster Moon watch from my wife puts my current collection at 16. I will list them at the end of this post and upload a picture tomorrow when I go back to work (I keep my watch collection at the office so I won't obsess over them when I'm at home with my family).

WPAC Committment for 2019: I plan on sticking with the 1 purchase allowed rule (1 out for the 1 in). I think I have my 2019 purchase figured out (I've been thinking about it for awhile), but I'll post it here later for bashing to make sure.

Here is the SOTC:

1. Casio G-Shock Rangeman
2. Hamilton Interstellar
3. Tudor Pelagos MT5612
4. Ball Fireman Enterprise
5. Omega Speedmaster Moon watch
6. Omega Aqua Terra 8900
7. Archimede B Uhr
8. Oris Rectangle Auto Date
9. Carl F. Bucherer Patravi
10. DeepBlue Bronze DayNight
11. Tissot Bridgeport P80
12. Squale 1545 Blueray
13. Zeppelin Power Reserve Date
14. Steinhart OT500
15. Steinhart Pepsi GMT
16. Zelos Skyraider Meteorite

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I didn't officially participate last year but I lurked and made some comment in the 2018 thread mainly because I found the frequent posters interesting, knowledgeable, funny, and to some degree insane. 2018 on a grading scale for me would have been a strong D--- / F+ in my own opinion as I bought and sold watches like a drunken sailor. I ended up selling two watches that really should have and could have become my exit watch, either of them. One was a simple Swiss and one was a higher end Japanese. I won't mention them because the pain is still there.

I began 2018 rather healthy owning ONLY two watches that I enjoyed very much. The Seiko Sumo admittedly was a 3rd time "re-buy" and the Damasko DA37 was the second Damasko I had ever owned, the first being a DA36. Both of these got sold in 2018 and the floodgates opened WIDE to include two other Damasko versions that were quickly flipped for within $10 of what I paid for them. Several Seiko divers, the longest tenured one that I still own was purchased in March of 2018. I actually love this watch and if it was 38mm-39mm it would easily be my exit piece. As it stands however it always seems to wear just a shade too big for my liking....still, it has remained. Shortly thereafter I bought the SRP775 (never have mounted on the pristine OEM bracelet...always worn on rubber)...another really cool Seiko but my least worn piece since it arrived in April of last year. I went on a Grand Seiko 9F buying binge and still have 2 of the 3 I purchased in my watchbox. For less than a couple days Starbucks orders I picked up two classic but low dollar Casio digitals and then followed that up with a Solar Tough G-Shock. The G-Shock traditionally got worn on days I was expecting a new watch arrival/delivery. There are others that get short term binge worn, an in-house manufacture BALL Engineer "M" that is superb but at 43mm simply too big... a Carl F Bucherer Patravi Autodate which at 38mm and on an IWC Alligator strap gets the most wrist-time lately. Recently picked up a 3rd time re-buy of a Seiko Orange Monster (Gen2) and a quirky 1988 Seiko 36mm quartz diver on jingle jangle jubilee. The only one I hadn't mentioned until now is a forum purchased Seiko 6309-7049 from January of 1979 that unfortunately had to have an entire movement replacement at a local watch shop.

Where I stand entering 2019 does not make me very happy with myself. I am going to take charge and get back down to that breathable, comfort zone of maybe 2-3 watches by selling off the majority of this box's contents. There is even the possibility that they ALL would be sold and I would either decide to keep the SBDC053 which is my gut feeling or purchase ONE wristwatch in the $4000-$6000 range that really is quality enough to be my "EXIT". Potential candidates for that would be a 38mm Zenith El Primero, 36mm Rolex Explorer I, 36mm Rolex Datejust, 36mm IWC Pilot, or 37mm Grand Seiko Automatic. Lets see how that works out!

I'm IN.
View attachment 13760267

Ending 2018 with 12 wristwatches..... Goal in 2019 to have no more than 3!
View attachment 13760277
That's a bold plan. You certainly have plenty of duplication in there that you could consolidate. I would caution you, based on my own experience, to think twice before selling a watch you currently wear a lot. You might find yourself missing it and tempted to repurchase. Maybe keep the Patravi for a while after you buy your exit watch to make sure you are really done with it.

Doc Savage

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I’m in. 2018 was a good year with finally some grails (for me) bought. This was part of my larger goal of buying fewer but “better” watches. Also spent the year trying to stop buying watches that I would end up selling and overall it went pretty well.

As for 2019 - I have two watches which are not ready yet but deposits have been paid. Fully intend to have only one more purchase for the year and will likely have to sell to do that but nothing identified so bay manage a zero purchase year. We will see.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My wife would appreciate the participation. So I'm in!

Current collection: Seiko SKX007, Hamilton Khaki King II, Scurfa Diver One, GShock DW5600, GShock DW5600-bb, and Bulova Moon Watch. Nothing fancy, but I enjoy the collection quite a bit. Now I do have 20+ straps and will probably keep buying more for some reason lol.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I’m in for 2019. I joined about midway through 2018 and I’d give myself a solid D-grade as far as following the rules of WPAC. My collection saw a lot of turnover as I went through a consolidation to obtain a couple grails. After that I added a few more affordable pieces to round things out and at the moment I’m pretty happy with the SOTC. Some quick pics from my watch box...

Tudor Black Bay 41. The centerpiece of my collection. I sold off over half of my watches at the time to fund it. Totally worth it.

Oris Aquis Date. Grail #2 and the result of a second purge. I sometimes get lost in that sunburst blue dial. This and the Tudor are definitely my most worn pieces.

Glycine Airman Double Twelve. I had previously sold off the gradient blue dial version last year. Loved everything about the watch except the dial color. The matte black dial on this one suits me much better.

Stowa Marine Klassik. My dress watch, or at least my dressiest watch. Doesn’t get worn a ton but I absolutely love it. Those blued hands, although difficult to capture in pictures, are stunning.

Seiko SKX009. This and the Stowa were the only two pieces that survived the purging. Doesn’t get worn as much as it used to since the Aquis arrived. What can I say that everyone doesn’t already know? It’s an SKX. Lightly modded with double dome sapphire and super jubilee.

Timex MK1 Steel. Classic field watch dial, beautiful domed acrylic crystal, perfect size for me at 40mm, and the seconds hand hits the markers pretty much spot on. Well done Timex, well done.

Defakto Dialog Standard. I like it. Don’t love it. The case is nice, has a sapphire crystal with blue AR, super thin, extremely versatile. Right now it’s one of two watches I bring when I travel. Easy to dress up or down with straps. I wanted a Max Bill but the size, the coated acrylic crystal and the price were all a no-go. If I use my exception for 2019 this will be the one that goes.

Casio G-Shock GWB5600. Shortly after it was announced that the Ft Collins tower that submits the atomic time signal would be shut down in 2019 Casio released this, along with a couple other models featuring Bluetooth and solar charging. I sold my GWM5610 and got this. The Bluetooth alone was worth the upgrade, but the bracelet is actually what I like most. Super light and comfortable, and imo much better than the resin bands. I’ve owned over a dozen G-Shocks over the years. This one is my favorite.

Timex Expedition Digital. My beater. Cheap, comfortable, feature rich. I changed out the strap for a zulu and that made a huge improvement. This doesn’t live in my watch box but on my nightstand as it’s a backup alarm clock and the Indiglo is awesome in the middle of the night.

My plan for 2019? Enjoy what I have. If something catches my eye I’ll submit it here for bashing, something I didn’t always do in 2018. I’m really happy with my collection closing out the year. I feel like I have a good mix in terms of style and price, and aside from the Defakto I wouldn’t replace any of them as of now.

Happy New Year to all and best wishes for 2019.

·
Registered
876 Posts
WPAC 2018 was good for me, so I'm in for another year!

I had an eventful 2018. After lurking here and on a few other watch sites for the past few years, I joined WUS almost a year ago simply to be able to buy more watches. I had been a bit of a flipper in the past, and this year I put it into high gear. I began the year with just a few, and by midyear I had purchased 50 watches and flipped 19 of them. So, at a standing collection of 31 I decided I needed to stop buying every Swiss movement watch that met my limited criteria and focus on enjoying what I had. The freedom from "the chase" was very liberating.

Thus began a big sell-off and consolidation effort, dropping from 31 to 13 pieces in a matter of months. A few months later I dropped down to 12, but it was too much, too fast, and as some people saw in the previous thread, I relapsed last week, purchasing three watches that either duplicated exactly (Steinhart OT500) or were similar to a few I had sold (Steinhart GMT and Zelos Skyraider Meteorite). So 12 watches, plus those three, plus a Christmas gift of a Speedmaster Moon watch from my wife puts my current collection at 16. I will list them at the end of this post and upload a picture tomorrow when I go back to work (I keep my watch collection at the office so I won't obsess over them when I'm at home with my family).

WPAC Committment for 2019: I plan on sticking with the 1 purchase allowed rule (1 out for the 1 in). I think I have my 2019 purchase figured out (I've been thinking about it for awhile), but I'll post it here later for bashing to make sure.

Here is the SOTC:

1. Casio G-Shock Rangeman
2. Hamilton Interstellar
3. Tudor Pelagos MT5612
4. Ball Fireman Enterprise
5. Omega Speedmaster Moon watch
6. Omega Aqua Terra 8900
7. Archimede B Uhr
8. Oris Rectangle Auto Date
9. Carl F. Bucherer Patravi
10. DeepBlue Bronze DayNight
11. Tissot Bridgeport P80
12. Squale 1545 Blueray
13. Zeppelin Power Reserve Date
14. Steinhart OT500
15. Steinhart Pepsi GMT
16. Zelos Skyraider Meteorite
I have a Ball Fireman Glorg. Much like the Enterprise without a magnified date and SS in comparison to the Marvelight.

That’s a keeper. As my eyes age I really appreciate the strong tritium.

I too owned a Squale Blueray and while I loved it aesthetically, i just didn’t wear it, so I sold it to a very appreciative gent. I do also own the Pepsi Ocean GMT. I hadn’t really worn it a lot, so I forced myself to wear it during the day for a week. I am glad I did. It’s a great, multipurpose watch and doesn’t break the bank.

Wearing the Ocean GMT will let me let go of my O1B that I modded, removing The Mercedes hour hand and replacing with a sword. When I do let that one go, I’ll need to decide whether or not to change the hour hand on the GMT.

One of Docs watches that I love so much is my NTH Amphion. It’s just perfect in the looks department, but I don’t wear it too much. I’ll have to think very hard before I let that go.

I’m not in any hurry to sell off anything, but realistically I could probably sell half my watches and still feel very happy about the watches I have and wear enough to justify keeping them forever.

I’ll never part with a few vintage, one bring my great grandfather’s Hamilton pocket watch. It has the most beautiful silver snowflake dial. It is fine sitting and being wound once a month.

Loving watches isn’t like loving wine. I’m done buying wine for the most part and can consume the bottles slowly over the next 20-35 years, though if any rise in price too high, they will most likely head off to auction. I’m drinking more whites and I grow my own wine grapes, so that budget is down to nothing. Cigars will be down to nothing. I could start a tobacco shop.
Watches will be down to nothing. I don’t even think I’ll be buying any straps. But if I do I won’t stress it. I have quite a few 22mm to choose from.

I really need to get, thinking I need a Flieger out of my head.

Moratoriums are good. Even if just for a set amount of time. It makes one aware of how much the have in extra income as well as how much stuff you no longer really need and you get a chance to explore other great things in life.

I hope we all do well. Usually I don’t limit myself, though I have done it on wine before, which allowed me to catch up, when actively stocking/building up a cellar. Wine ages gracefully if you choose with good research. Same with a nice watch. It should last you a lifetime.

I don’t buy a lot of clothes, shoes, gear or change vehicles at will but I am looking forward to this. It’s much like a healthy fast or cleanse.

The daily Gnomon emails are gone, as well as island, creation and other things that make you go to YouTube to check out more on any particular watch.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I am in for 2019.

I did not join up in 2018, but I did lurk around. I started 2018 off as an auto guy, until I realized I simply hate the bloody things. Thus began a fire sale of everything in June which left me with a Casio GLX5600. I loved that little watch. I bought it used, and found out too late that a gasket for one of the buttons was missing. Enter water, exit watch. Luckily I found a like new DW5750 on F29 for $35 and snagged it.

Then I learned of the existence of the Citizen BN0211. I was instantly in love because it reminded me of the Victorinox INOX that I loved, but without the weaknesses of that watch. I just got my Citizen a few days ago.

My 2019 goals? I will only buy a Citizen BL1258 or a solar DW5750 if they would make one. All of my watches sans the G-Shock & Citizen are up for sale.

Boldr Venture
Casio Duro
Casio DW5750
Citizen BN0211-50E
Wenger Outback.

Both the Duro & Wenger have been worn once. I am selling everything because I know that while I like them, I will not wear them. So why keep them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I am in for 2019, and this time full on abstinence is the intention. I entered WPAC 2018 with the intention of adding no more money into the collection, and was successful at that. And during that year WPAC successfully cooled down my watch madness as well, leaving me with true appreciation for the watches I own right now, and no deep desire for more.

I will be hanging out here in the more stressful periods of my life, because I know I need the distraction at those times, and WPAC helps keeping the obsession in check. But outside of those times, I will be absent from WUS, because its the most effective way to reduce the desire for more.

My current sotc:

1. Casio W59

2. Casio G-Shock DW9052

3. Casio Lineage LCW-M500TD

4. Citizen NY0040

5. Halios Seaforth

6. Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic open heart

7. Union Glashutte Noramis Gangreserve

So my intention is not one single purchase, no exception. I might still trade one and sell one (citizen and/or halios). All other positions are definitive.

Edit: oh wow.... So tapatalk turns any text after "sent from" into signature text formatting.... sorry about that.
Edit2: apparently only the last "sent from". Which was in "absent from" a few paragraphs above before my edits...
Edit3: errh well apparently not even that. Pretty arbitrary. Funky tapatalk quirks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Im in for 2019 WPAC but only after the first quarter since i will have my birthday on that quarter and i will buy a watch for it. I also dont think that i will put the watch for bashing.

But i promise that i will try my best to abstain from watch purchasing for the rest of 2019

SOTC as of today:

1. Casio Tough Solar
2. Longines Hydroconquest
3. Junghans Max Bill

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in. I bought one watch in 2018. Whatever I do, I shall buy no more quartz watches. All mine have died from neglect this year, a sad fact I discovered, when I finally got my act together and started swapping out batteries. :-/
I’m in. I just ordered in an Omega PO. I swore I wouldn’t be doing this again. The micro brands and inexpensive Russian and Chinese watch purchases messed with my head.

I’m traveling with the family in May so I’m joining the moratorium.

Welcome to WPAC 2019 to both of you :-!. Don't forget about the SOTC pic and a little bit about your intentions for the year pleple.......

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

View attachment 13760173
Hamilton
View attachment 13760207
Welcome TJ, good to have you back!

1 - 20 of 9081 Posts