WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Here's where I'm at, and my plan for 2021.

FINAL SOTC 2020

Old(ish) photo, but I haven't got them all with me at the moment. In addition to these 4 watches and 4 straps there are 5 more straps in another box.

THE PLAN FOR 2021

• Buy one watch.
  • Sell zero watches.
  • Maybe sell one strap? (Hirsch James I don't really use and is still worth some €€)

Won't surprise anyone when I say that the one watch is the Fears Brunswick Salmon, in all its squircle glory. After that long term goal is accomplished, under normal, WPACless conditions, I'd probably play around with affordables, buy them used, flip them, just to experience new watches (my favourite part of the hobby right after my own watches). Keep that 6th slot as a rotation chair, a new watch every month or something along those lines. But this is WPAC, and I feel I must do something to earn my place. So for 2021 I'll (try to) put that second part of the plan on hold: one watch and one watch only.

THE PLAN FOR 2021: RISK ASSESSMENT

Is there something that may put the aforementioned plan in danger? Not really. Selling no watches won't be difficult, I like the ones I've got so much that's not even a consideration. And after my 2020 experiences I'm now much more certain of what I like, so any new purchase(s) will certainly be as long term as the Farer and anordain, and the risk of flipping has been greatly reduced (ahem Zelos).

There's only one possible deviation: the watch that will be the one purchase of the year. The Fears is firmly at the top of the list and by quite some margin. But I still want to check a SBGW231 in person before it happens, and the prospect of a handwound Sartory-Billard in the first half of the year is very exciting. Regardless, I'm still saving for that purchase and the Fears is still a few months away from being available, so when the times comes, I'll consider my options.

·
Registered
203 Posts
While I am confident that I cannot adhere to rule #1, rule #8 provides the outlet that I am looking for - count me in :)

I start each new year telling myself (and my wife) that I will not add to the collection. I think I was successful at this at least twice in the last 20 years....in spite of the fact that I have attempted to follow the one in, one out goal.

This year will be different, however, with a new goal:
~ Follow the WPAC rules
~ Maybe adhere to rule #1. Maybe.....
~ Definitely follow rule #8, and;
~ End the year with one less watch than I now own.

I can do it!

Best in 2021 to all! I hope you have great success in the new year, no matter how you measure it!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
A quick SOTC. 2020 saw a complete turnover of the collection, with 12 in and 11 out and a definitive increase in quality.. The only one to survive was the Ball Nightbreaker and it’s unlikely to see 2022.
View attachment 15621634

Top row L-R: Time Arrow Type 1, G Shock GW-B5600BC w/ Titanium case, Armitron Griffy, Ball Nightbreaker.

Bottom row L-R: GS SBGN005, Damasko DA46, Doxa Sub 50th Pro, Red Star Seagull Navy Panda

I’m reserving the right to purchase 2, and only 2, watches this year. I will buy a chronograph of some sort, likely a Panda dial, and I may buy a blue diver if I can find one I like well enough. I will sell the Ball and gift the Seagull when I find the right deal on a chronograph and we will see about the blue diver.

The chronograph contender at the moment is the Zenith A384 Revival.
View attachment 15621652
But I’d love to find one of these.
View attachment 15621654

That’s it, that’s the list and nothing else.

Good luck to all WPAC members old and new, I hope you’re able to reach your goals whatever they may be. Let’s hope 2021 is an improvement all around.
Love the mitsukoshi dial speedys. Save up for that. Exponentially better than the zenith and if your patient I've seen them go in the mid 3k's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Ok SOTC. Photos are sh1t, so apologies in advance. I’ll put a small statement under each pic - prob easiest.

1. Steinhart marbella. Approx 15 exist -keeping.
2. Steinhart ocean vintage gmt 39mm-LE of50. Keeping.
3. Steinhart North Sea - LE of 100 but custom engraved - keeping.
4. Steinhart Lunaare - LE of 100. Keeping.

1. Steinhart Marine Nav Uhr - keeping.
2. Steinhart olko 42mm ceramic blue gmt - keeping.
3. Steinhart Around The World LE of 77 - keeping
4. Red bar limited edition 7 gods G shock - packaging signed by the designer - might sell

1. Tudor bluebay58 - keeping.
2. Tudor blackbay58 - keeping.
3. Tudor heritage chrono blue - keeping.
4. Panerai 380 black seal - unsure may sell.

1. Breitling Aerospace - most recent addition - keeping.
2. Damasko DA37 - keeping.
3. Christopher Ward Makaira pro - keeping.
4. Omega planet ocean 39.5mm blue - keeping.

1. Tudor black bay Harrods green - keeping.
2. Seiko marinemaster LE of 200 SLA015j1 keeping.
3. Tudor prince date chrono (tiger) keeping.
4. Glashutte Original panoreserve - keeping.

1. Tudor black bay chrono dark all blacks LE - keeping.
2. Tudor Royal Squadron black bay LE of 32 - keeping.

Gunter is making a watch for his Facebook group admins so a watch will arrive in 2021 from that. We have designed it but can’t show it yet. In addition I hope to get the Cermit (green bezel Rolex ceramic sub). Money is set aside for that. Just playing the waiting game.

Only watch not shown is my Tudor gmt which is for sale currently - May just pull it though and add it back in as I refuse to firesale it. Take note - be stubborn about your sale prices - hopefully you will avoid taking baths.

That’s it really. 2020 felt under control, a few additions and a few sales, but core remains the same as it has done for a couple of years now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ok SOTC. Photos are sh1t, so apologies in advance. I’ll put a small statement under each pic - prob easiest.

1. Steinhart marbella. Approx 15 exist -keeping.
2. Steinhart ocean vintage gmt 39mm-LE of50. Keeping.
3. Steinhart North Sea - LE of 100 but custom engraved - keeping.
4. Steinhart Lunaare - LE of 100. Keeping.

1. Steinhart Marine Nav Uhr - keeping.
2. Steinhart olko 42mm ceramic blue gmt - keeping.
3. Steinhart Around The World LE of 77 - keeping
4. Red bar limited edition 7 gods G shock - packaging signed by the designer - might sell

1. Tudor bluebay58 - keeping.
2. Tudor blackbay58 - keeping.
3. Tudor heritage chrono blue - keeping.
4. Panerai 380 black seal - unsure may sell.

1. Breitling Aerospace - most recent addition - keeping.
2. Damasko DA37 - keeping.
3. Christopher Ward Makaira pro - keeping.
4. Omega planet ocean 39.5mm blue - keeping.

1. Tudor black bay Harrods green - keeping.
2. Seiko marinemaster LE of 200 SLA015j1 keeping.
3. Tudor prince date chrono (tiger) keeping.
4. Glashutte Original panoreserve - keeping.

1. Tudor black bay chrono dark all blacks LE - keeping.
2. Tudor Royal Squadron black bay LE of 32 - keeping.

Gunter is making a watch for his Facebook group admins so a watch will arrive in 2021 from that. We have designed it but can’t show it yet. In addition I hope to get the Cermit (green bezel Rolex ceramic sub). Money is set aside for that. Just playing the waiting game.

Only watch not shown is my Tudor gmt which is for sale currently - May just pull it though and add it back in as I refuse to firesale it. Take note - be stubborn about your sale prices - hopefully you will avoid taking baths.

That’s it really. 2020 felt under control, a few additions and a few sales, but core remains the same as it has done for a couple of years now.
You were right, that quite a few of them. Thanks for sharing. My comments:

• The Steinhart Marine Nav Uhr is a pretty watch, hadn't seen it before.
  • F U C K M E that Panerai is big hahahah. Almost comical levels of huge. As I as scrolling it almost looked zoomed in. I know they're "supposed" to be large but that's a whole new scale.
  • The Aerospace and CWard are some truly excellent quirky and cool watches.
  • Great to see the old model of the Panoreserve, rare watch that. How do you like it?
  • You seem to have a thing for multiples of what is basically the same watch. 4 Black Bays (not counting the chrono) and 4 Steinhart GMTs (not counting the 1655 copy). Just something I find interesting.
  • You have a lot more money tied up on watches than I do. Do you sometimes also get that feeling of "I could sell it all and buy a «insert_expensive_watch_here»", or does it go away after you hit a certain price point?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
SOTC 2021 (the light in here is almost as bad as my photography skills)

Group 1:

Top: Damasko DA38, Damasko DA46, Damasko DH1.0*, Ares Diver-1^, Winfield MT-1^, Seiko SRPC93^
Middle: Luminox Leatherback Sea Turtle^, Casio MDV106, Traser Officer Pro, Kemmner Einzieger, Seiko SKX009 mod, Seiko SKX007 mod
Bottom: Vostok Orange Scuba Dude, Vostok Amphibia, Vostok Amphibian SE, SKX007, Seiko SRPD09, Seiko SRPC07

* Damasko is the Chuck Norris of watches
^ 2021 purchase
May put the 009 back to original. Orange Scuba Dude runs fast, won't regulate - may service myself. Might get rid of the MDV106. The number of watches I have on NATO's or QR straps makes group photography easier.

Group 2:

Some of these may require some explanation.

Top: Collins The Bronson, Orient Bambino, Glycine Combat Sub^, Trintec Nav-03 (1), Citizen EcoDrive BM8180 (2), Seiko (can't remember) (3)
Middle: Deep Blue NATO Diver (4),
Bottom: Bertucci A-2T, Invicta 9403 mod (5), Seiko (can't remember) (6), Eaglemoss Hero Collector Batman Classic TV Series collectible watch (7)

(1) My most commented on watch for the set of {comments, WPAC, negative}. I still unabashedly love it.
(2) This and the SKX are the watches I share with my 3 yo grandson when he asks to wear one of Papa's "light up watches."
(3) Bought as a sacrificial watchmaking watch. Ad said it needed a new battery. Runs great, and I kind of like it.
(4) Wife loves the color. Too big for my tastes, but sometimes she asks me to wear it.
(5) Bought it specifically to mod. Have another untouched in the box. Should give that one away?
(6) Wife gave it to me for our first anniversary 31 years ago. I've had the movement replaced once.
(7) My daughter's boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas. He tried. ;)

Not pictured: Orient Bambino Open Heart, Red Star Solo one hand watch. They've been boxed to get rid of. They were boxed for my 2020 SOTC, too. Forgot the G-Shock GW-S5600-1JF.

Intentions:

Same as they've always been - refine my discernment and self-discipline, curate a collection that makes me happy, get rid of the ones that don't, avoid impulse purchases. My impulse for 2021 was the Luminox.

I'm jonesing for a tritium watch that checks a lot of specific boxes, but I've not found one that's close enough. Well, maybe 1, depending on if the manufacturer's listed weight is correct (is it lead lined?). If I get close, I'll post for bashing. I don't think I really NEED this, so the desire may wear off, and I'll have an actual abstinence year.

2018: 17 purchases, several regrets
2019: 7 purchases, one freebie, one meh that I don't regret
2020: 6 purchases, one gift, all purchases thought through and stewed on (except the Luminox), no regrets.

It looks like I'm on track with what I want out of WPAC, and I owe it almost entirely to the excellent company here. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
SOTC 2021 (the light in here is almost as bad as my photography skills)

Group 1:

View attachment 15621820
Top: Damasko DA38, Damasko DA46, Damasko DH1.0*, Ares Diver-1^, Winfield MT-1^, Seiko SRPC93^
Middle: Luminox Leatherback Sea Turtle^, Casio MDV106, Traser Officer Pro, Kemmner Einzieger, Seiko SKX009 mod, Seiko SKX007 mod
Bottom: Vostok Orange Scuba Dude, Vostok Amphibia, Vostok Amphibian SE, SKX007, Seiko SRPD09, Seiko SRPC07

* Damasko is the Chuck Norris of watches
^ 2021 purchase
May put the 009 back to original. Orange Scuba Dude runs fast, won't regulate - may service myself. Might get rid of the MDV106. The number of watches I have on NATO's or QR straps makes group photography easier.

Group 2:

View attachment 15621834

Some of these may require some explanation.

Top: Collins The Bronson, Orient Bambino, Glycine Combat Sub^, Trintec Nav-03 (1), Citizen EcoDrive BM8180 (2), Seiko (can't remember) (3)
Middle: Deep Blue NATO Diver (4),
Bottom: Bertucci A-2T, Invicta 9403 mod (5), Seiko (can't remember) (6), Eaglemoss Hero Collector Batman Classic TV Series collectible watch (7)

(1) My most commented on watch for the set of {comments, WPAC, negative}. I still unabashedly love it.
(2) This and the SKX are the watches I share with my 3 yo grandson when he asks to wear one of Papa's "light up watches."
(3) Bought as a sacrificial watchmaking watch. Ad said it needed a new battery. Runs great, and I kind of like it.
(4) Wife loves the color. Too big for my tastes, but sometimes she asks me to wear it.
(5) Bought it specifically to mod. Have another untouched in the box. Should give that one away?
(6) Wife gave it to me for our first anniversary 31 years ago. I've had the movement replaced once.
(7) My daughter's boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas. He tried. ;)

Not pictured: Orient Bambino Open Heart, Red Star Solo one hand watch. They've been boxed to get rid of. They were boxed for my 2020 SOTC, too. Forgot the G-Shock GW-S5600-1JF.

Intentions:

Same as they've always been - refine my discernment and self-discipline, curate a collection that makes me happy, get rid of the ones that don't, avoid impulse purchases. My impulse for 2021 was the Luminox.

I'm jonesing for a tritium watch that checks a lot of specific boxes, but I've not found one that's close enough. Well, maybe 1, depending on if the manufacturer's listed weight is correct (is it lead lined?). If I get close, I'll post for bashing. I don't think I really NEED this, so the desire may wear off, and I'll have an actual abstinence year.

2018: 17 purchases, several regrets
2019: 7 purchases, one freebie, one meh that I don't regret
2020: 6 purchases, one gift, all purchases thought through and stewed on (except the Luminox), no regrets.

It looks like I'm on track with what I want out of WPAC, and I owe it almost entirely to the excellent company here. Thanks, guys!
You definitely have a type Weet, I count 15 black bezels. Also, 3 Sammies, 3 Damasko and I lost track of the SKX versions.
Good luck in 2021.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
2020 was a miserable failure, in that I ended up with many more watches than I started. Progress was made, however because it was not a binge-purge cycle, more accumulating watches I really appreciate, or with an eye toward flipping for profit. And future mod projects...

So here they are:
Current rotation

Note that of these 15, 5 are stock, the rest are modded, more or less.

Then there's these guys

2 for flipping, two also-rans. Other than the Armitron Ridgemont ana-digi, these are fated to go.

Others

Top row, with the exception of the women's Wittenauer, are keepsakes. The Komandirskie on the right is currently up for sale. And the rest are mod fodder.

Not pictured:
Seiko SCFF007 out for service
Zelos Blacktip Crimson dial preordered to flip.

Dang. 37 watches. Hoo-eee. More than I thought. But fit and style of the main 15 are spot-on for my tastes, with more mods planned.

Laying them out like this, I'm tempted to sell off a good 10 or so and part out some mod projects.

Goals, 2021:
One planned purchase, an Atticus Teleios.
Two potential builds as part of an online watchmaking course.
Cut net total of watches by at least a dozen - two might be stretching it, but we'll see.
Save money and potentially plot a Big Purchase in 2022.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You definitely have a type Weet, I count 15 black bezels. Also, 3 Sammies, 3 Damasko and I lost track of the SKX versions.
Good luck in 2021.
I do, definitely, have a type. A rotating bezel is a bit of a sine qua non for me. And, I don't like the look of a steel bezel.

3 SKX's. I bought the 009 early on because I liked it. Bought the 007's for modding. Ironically, it was an 007 that survived intact.

I think I have all the Damaskos I need. You don't set a Damasko. The Damasko decides what time it is.

·
Premium Member
4,462 Posts
I’ll return with a SOTC. It’s good to have goals, big or small.
Ok here we go. I've really enjoyed the WPAC 2020 and it did help me abstain from buying watches I basically knew ahead of time would be flips, so it saved me time and money and probably some headaches. I definitely cannot commit to "not buying" but I will do my utmost to not buy "fillers" and if I do buy, it'll be something that's meant as a keeper (yet, I also know things change, and tastes is one of those things).

This is where I'm at as of right now:

Most are keepers, especially the top tier. Certina DS2 LE HAQ chrono which took almost 3 years to find NOS, Citizen Signature Octavia which is the best made watch I've ever held in my hands that cost under a grand (except for my now sold Citizen Grand Classic), GS Snowflake, Speedy Pro hesalite, and Chris Ward C5. Love them all and will never sell either.

Second tier has a few keepers and some on the edge. The Bulova is just too big so it will likely go in 2021. Great movement though and a tremendously well built watch. At 45-46 MM, it would be a keeper for sure but at 49mm, my puny 6.75 inch wrist just can't do it. I still like it though but in the spirit of consolidation and improvement of the collection overall, it will likely go. The 1st gen OM is not going anywhere. It was my first mechanical watch and led me down this rabbit hole (thanks Seiko! ;) ). The Ron Swanson Citizen is just awesomely cool and the best $155 I ever spent. 45mm of chucky chronograph, Eco-Drive. I love it. The Casio EF503 is also nice but very hard to read in most lighting situations but it's too affordable to sell, so it'll be retired. The last Citizen is another Signature line watch (they are so good all of them) and it's really nice. Perpetual calendar, Eco-Drive of course and 300M WR. I wear it a lot on a blue rubber strap or this brown leather and it's just great. Finally, the classic square GW-5000 rounds out the top 11 which will be the top 9 when the Bulova and EF503 leave the box.

As you can see, there is a space in the Top Six for another watch. This watch is the main purchase planned for 2021. Which one? Heck if I know!

I had a thread about plans for 2021 (Which watches do you have your eyes on for 2021?) and I'm listing an Oris Diver 65 Movember, a Casio 6900 John Mayer Hodinkee LE and a discontinued Seiko HAQ. If I'm 100% honest, neither seems to be a long term keeper for me. The Oris I'd sell in a year, the Casio I'd never really wear and the Seiko is probably too small and too expensive for what it is.

So, some candidates would be a Tudor Pelagos in blue. Imagine the trio of the Snowflake, the Speedy and a Pelagos? I mean, come on. For me, that's about as cool as it gets. But it's another $3500-$4000. Am I really going there again? I already have $10k in watches.

tudor-pelagos-chronometer-automatic-blue-dial-mens-watch-25600tb.jpg

Another cool option, and much cheaper, would be Sinn EZM 3. Tough, some cool tech, versatile on any color strap.

SI-031.jpg

In general, I love chronographs more than any other style of watch and I love the various movements. I have the ETA 251.264 HAQ chrono, the Speedy cal 1861, some Eco-Drives and a quartz chrono. I MUST add a Valjoux 7750 again and I also would like to try the Poljot 3133. Those can be had pretty cheaply so maybe one or both will join the collection but unless I find an insane deal or the perfect watch which happens to have either movement, I'm not actively hunting them.

So, all in all, right now I think I'll add one more "Top Tier" watch in 2021 while selling one or two affordables and maybe replacing those with other affordables. The collection may go down to 10 or it may stay at 12. I do not plan to increase quantity. I need to wear the nicer pieces more than I do.

Thanks to all for joining for 2021 and thanks again for all the nice conversations and camaraderie in 2020.

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
While I am confident that I cannot adhere to rule #1, rule #8 provides the outlet that I am looking for - count me in :)

I start each new year telling myself (and my wife) that I will not add to the collection. I think I was successful at this at least twice in the last 20 years....in spite of the fact that I have attempted to follow the one in, one out goal.

This year will be different, however, with a new goal:
~ Follow the WPAC rules
~ Maybe adhere to rule #1. Maybe.....
~ Definitely follow rule #8, and;
~ End the year with one less watch than I now own.

I can do it!

Best in 2021 to all! I hope you have great success in the new year, no matter how you measure it!
Welcome and just remember that it will work better for you if you participate in the thread, it'll act as a reminder and also if you are tempted to buy something put it up here for bashing first......

Let's have that SOTC photo then to keep you honest for the rest of the year.....

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That blue Pelagos didn't look like I expected at the AD. But someone in the 2020 WPAC thread said AD's often have poor lighting for watches. Which seems odd to me.
I think I'd mentioned about ADs lighting being poor, but that's just my experience. The lighting in the shops I've been in has all been spot lights, which in my view, whilst bright does tend to be harsh. And it was specifically about making Tudor dials look rather flat.......

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I find myself here on WUS late at night and that’s usually a bad thing. So here I am back to WPAC for 2021. Honestly I don’t think I participated at all in 2020 but I had some purchases I had planned so it would have been disingenuous if I did. 2020 saw additions of a quite a few pieces, some planned, mostly not. Sorry, I didn’t really keep track but only 3 of the 2020 additions will manage to see the end of 2021.

So here goes with the SOTC:

This is the core of my collection and I have no plans to sell any of them.

Sinn 104. Added fall of this year. Love this watch. Wanted it for quite a while and it’s lived up to the hype for me.

Oris Aquis Date. Love everything about it, especially that blue dial.

Tudor Black Bay 41. If I could have just 1, this would be it. GADA, looks good with everything and never out of place.

Stowa Marine Klassik 40. As close as I have to a dress watch. Those blued hands.

G-Shock GWM-B5000. So unnecessary yet so cool.

Seiko SKX009. Doesn’t get worn as much anymore but it’s still got charm. It’s also the watch I’ve owned the longest. Plus sapphire, NH36, a strapcode jubilee and everything is aligned. Can’t say that about many Seiko divers these days.

Certina DS Action Diver. Just arrived last week and was a Christmas gift from myself. I wanted a black dial dive watch without breaking the bank and I’ve had my eye on this Certina since they last updated it. So far I love it and it’s running spot on since I got it.

Timex Marlin X Peanuts. Added spring 2020. Ahh the Flying Ace. The silver Snoopy. What can I say, I wanted a vintage watch without the vintage size and headaches. Too bad it keeps time like a vintage watch though, +48/day. I like it. I’d like it a lot more if it did it’s job and kept time. I plan on getting it regulated.

G-Shock GW-B5600. The beater. Nuff said.

Aerowatch pocket watch. This was my fathers and given to me when he passed. He got it for 30 years of service with GM about 6 months before he died. The only watch I have with sentimental value.

The mistakes of 2020. All of these are on their way out the door, either through sale, gift or donation. This is where my problem lies. Unlike all the other watches in my collection that were purchased with careful consideration, saving, and consolidating, these were all impulse buys. A cheap fix for an addict. I don’t wear them very much or at all. If I do wear them they only take time away from my enjoyment of watches I like a lot more. Fortunately I don’t have a lot invested in them so the mistakes were not terribly expensive ones.

So that’s all 18 of them. The goal for 2021 is to get rid of those 8 mistakes, get Snoopy running properly, and make no purchases the entire year. 0 in, 8 out. I want to be left with the 8 in the first group, my 5600 and my dads pocket watch.

Also if anyone can recommend a decent watchmaker in the states who can simply regulate a Miyota 8 series and accepts pieces shipped in I’d appreciate it. I don’t know of any watchmakers in my area.

Thanks for having me and best of luck to everyone in 2021.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I do, definitely, have a type. A rotating bezel is a bit of a sine qua non for me. And, I don't like the look of a steel bezel.

3 SKX's. I bought the 009 early on because I liked it. Bought the 007's for modding. Ironically, it was an 007 that survived intact.

I think I have all the Damaskos I need. You don't set a Damasko. The Damasko decides what time it is.

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I think this is a great idea. I promise not to buy any more watches until 2021. Maybe I should have read the first post?
Welcome to WPAC and yes good idea to read the first post. We need a SOTC pic of your watches and a bit of history and intentions for 2021 please...... 👍

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Alright as promised my SOTC:

Note: The vampire monster is for sale and it's in the Seiko box not going to get it out for the SOTC it will be sold.
Note 2: The casio is alive again but it's at the window charging I'll let it charge til it's high so it's not on the photos.
Note 3: There is one watch that I got for free in transit this is a Heimdallr Pepsi Captain Willard homage.
Note 4: There is two watches in transit that I have bought around Christmas. I had failed a exam in school and there was some fighting between my parents. I went and bought two watches. This was also the moment I have realized I have an addiction problem. I have bought way to many watches in a short time. I'll talk more about this later:

Edit: I did forget to mention this one:

Watches I do regret:

My goals: Well as I said before I think I have a problem. Before I joined here 3 months ago I had: A Seiko turtle, seiko monster, Steinhart flieger and a Casio G-Shock, just four watches. The Steinhart is the big flieger in the first photo and the Seiko is next to two Chinese watches, the Casio is in the window charging and the monster is in its box waiting for a sale. So all other watches you see have been bought in a very fast time. At first, it was fun, as I was testing the waters. But later I realized I was buying just to make myself feel better.

I have struggled with depression all my life. When I was born I was a healthy kid, when I was 1.5 years old I got problems. I got juvenile arthritis. In the end I struggled on in life, but due to my arthritis I had a lot of problems. The primary school in my village just couldn't take care of me, so they decided to hold me back a class every year. At that my mom said, 'not going to happen.' And she sent me to a special school for special kids. I was with kids in wheelchairs, tourettes and kids that were mentally 8 while in the body of a 15-year-old. My problem was just my fine motor skills, up til this day I cannot hold a pen properly or write cursive. Anyway I didn't feel at home there and remember wanting to commit suicide at the age of 11. All my life I was ashamed of my past, kids in my village where I grew up would bully me and make fun of me. I had one friend in my village but found out that he was ashamed of being friends with me and his friends weren't allowed to know. When I found that out I lost trust in others. At around the same time a pedagogical person broke my trust because a teacher confronted me with something I had only told the pedagogical person.

Long story short: I was filled with shame and didn't trust anyone. So I kept to myself and bottled everything up. In the end I got very depressed, and now I'm in therapy. I'm glad I never took to drugs or alcohol, but this shopping addiction is just as bad, and I would like to use WPAC. To end it. In a way buying watches is also helping me at the moment. Since I buy watches I cannot buy other things because my bank account won't tolerate it. So I'm actually buying a watch or two and then not buying anything else. This is a good thing because before I would blow the money I blew on watches on other stuff. Now that I don't do that, and if I can quit watches I hope the chain is broken forever and I can have healthy spending behaviors.

My intentions and goals: To start saving money, I want to save money every month and my goal is to ultimately live on a small budget. And have healthy spending habits. Watches do not fit in this grand plan. Also, I'm scared that if I start buying one watch I'll go in a spending frenzy again. So I would like to completely abstain but still I am playing with the idea to lose some weight and that if I get my goal weight I'm allowed to buy a watch. So this would be one watch only in 2021.

The losing weight is not a New Year's resolution by the way. It just happens that the lockdown and my rheumatism have made me gain a lot of weight. I did lose 10 kilo's half a year ago. But then my rheumatism hit me back, and I was unable to move about a lot. This has made me gain everything back. I think I might try and pick up yoga again this might also help me to deal with the negative thoughts.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for letting me travel along you all.

41 - 60 of 1109 Posts