WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1141 - 1160 of 7431 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Who wants to buy all my watches?

I’ll keep the MDV.

$40 beater on cheap strap I used a watch buckle to punch another hole through so it’s fitting of a $40 watch I don’t worry about.

Today is one of those days where I don’t even know why I like watches. It’ll pass. But the thought comes up sometimes.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Fashion accessory Watch accessory

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,142 ·

I’ll keep the MDV.

$40 beater on cheap strap I used a watch buckle to punch another hole through so it’s fitting of a $40 watch I don’t worry about.

Today is one of those days where I don’t even know why I like watches. It’ll pass. But the thought comes up sometimes.

View attachment 15653693
Have you still got the Xmas decorations up?

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Have you still got the Xmas decorations up?
yeah coming down today. Our living room is so nicely decorated so we left it for a little longer this time.

Reactions: Szechuan

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

I’ll keep the MDV.

View attachment 15653693
I have done that sold all my watches and kept a Marlin Duro like yours but on bracelet and added cyclops, perfect watch for a little while until my reboot. That was when I stopped wearing any watch for a month and caused a reboot of my watch journey last year which will finish up with the auction sale of my Longines on eBay tomorrow. Selling off is hard work but worth it in the end if you figure out what you want.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Dealers think in terms of kilos and grams, users in terms of ounces, in my observation. An Ohaus triple beam scale got many a dealer arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia back in the day.
View attachment 15653681
Now you can buy these pocket size electronic scales for cheap...

For reasons I won't get into... 28g in an ounce, divides nicely into half and quarter ounces. Always thought this would be a great, practical way to teach fractions and metric/SI conversions in schools. FWIW, the new wave of legal retailers are selling in grams...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

For reasons I won't get into... 28g in an ounce, divides nicely into half and quarter ounces. Always thought this would be a great, practical way to teach fractions and metric/SI conversions in schools. FWIW, the new wave of legal retailers are selling in grams...
Case in point. Actually, there is 28.3495 grams in an ounce.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Dealers think in terms of kilos and grams, users in terms of ounces, in my observation. An Ohaus triple beam scale got many a dealer arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia back in the day.
View attachment 15653681
It depends on the drug.

At the wholesale level, meth in the US is still usually measured in pounds. Same with marijuana. Cocaine and heroin are mostly measured in kilos.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts

Also, if you are buying from a Mexican drug trafficking organization, they typically measure ounces at 25 grams, not 28. I got into a heated argument in the middle of an undercover narcotics deal over this exact quirk.

1141 - 1160 of 7431 Posts