WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 7370 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Interesting! The only time someone has ever commented on my Rolex was a gal at a shawarma shop.

I have had two coworkers comment on Omegas, though, one of which was a vintage Seamaster, so nothing flashy.

The only comment I've ever gotten from a friend was on a Citizen Eco Drive.

So that's four comments in the space of about four years of wearing nice watches. Maybe I'm in a bubble...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
This is proof that Citizen Eco Drive is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nah. Probably mistaken it for a rolex......
Only positive comments I've got on a watch from a female (well two actually at the same time, must be a WR of sorts) were on my Citizen chronomaster, so ecodrive ftw.

Also noticed that females don't get diving bezels. Like, don't have a clue and don't care to know. They just dislike them. I'm willing to bet the most iconic mens watch in their eyes would be the Rolex datejust. That style is selling like crazy in the fashion watch knockoffs (sorry meant to say homage )

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
It's never occurred to me to buy a watch to celebrate a milestone of any sort. I got a title change at work last year - a de jure recognition of a de facto situation. Does that count? Or turning 56 in a few months? That's the one exception in the new rules this year, right? 56? I guess it's too bad there's nothing I want. Or maybe that's good... (/stream of consciousness)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
So instead of buying watches I started doing some stuff for school. I kind of noticed I had to finish a paper.... It has to be done tomorrow and I just noticed yesterday night lol. Made some progress today, I'll finish it tomorrow turn it in and for the rest I've been picking up cooking.

Simmering some meat right now and cooked some rice. I'll make some more side dishes tomorrow and I'll make some Indonesian-Dutch food mini feast. I must say it's fun to check out recipes that I will make instead of checking out watches. I notice I'm still pulled in sometimes, and I'm not feeling well. Cranky as **** and also some people told me I'm not myself... But well moving forward.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,189 ·
I have that going on, too. I just sort of decided to stop buying things. Amazing how fast savings accrue when you don't buy stuff. I guess it's a nice problem to have.
Same here, slush fund is flush, but it ain't for watches any more......

·
Registered
689 Posts
Y'all cracking jokes about the Citizen Eco Drive, but that friend who commented knows I collect expensive watches, and she said to me, "That's a nice watch. Is that one of your expensive ones?"

So yeah, if they don't notice Rolex or Omega, maybe it's best we all just buy Citizens and spend the rest of our money on something else.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Y'all cracking jokes about the Citizen Eco Drive, but that friend who commented knows I collect expensive watches, and she said to me, "That's a nice watch. Is that one of your expensive ones?"

So yeah, if they don't notice Rolex or Omega, maybe it's best we all just buy Citizens and spend the rest of our money on something else.

Nothing wrong with a Citizen.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Citizen.
Not at all. It was my first watch, and I technically still own it. I wear it any time I'm either doing something super rough or going to a particularly dangerous part of the city.

But I'll wear my nicer watches anywhere else. I do all of my woodworking in automatics, and I'll play drums wearing my Breitling Aerospace since it's quartz.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,195 ·

Citizen eco-drive are great....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
It is a highway around here. :)
That makes me imagine us all like we are bees. Flying in and out of the hyve and bussing around it. And I supose you and Hornet are locked in a titanic clash over who can become the hyves queen. While the rest of us lay back and eat honey.. oh I mean work hard of course we work hard to abstain from watches.

So technically since hornet is a hornet which comes close to a bee but you have US in your name, home of the killer bees. I think your evenly matched and should just wait and see whose wings will give up first.

But it's nice to see you are both doing so well in the goals that you both have.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well, some interesting observation I made in the past week.

I needed a new phone, because my previous 5y old one did no longer support certain apps. So I went into full obsession mode to figure out the best phone to buy.

Gotta say its been a while I went into that seriously obsessive compulsive mode. And I realized that that is what I used to do all the time for watches, on a regular basis. It's not a healthy mode - literally loosing sleep because obsessively researching till way beyond bed time.

I'm glad I'm no longer compulsively obsessing like that over pointless items like watches on a regular basis. Aside from the money that I drained into it (which was my original reason for joining WPAC), that mental resource drain of OCD was actually the real problem. And am glad to say that that's mostly under control now. I guess I sort of slipped with the obsessive phone research in that sense - but if that only happens for a necessary purchase incidentally, that is quite okay - rather than on a regular basis for pointless items like watches.

So guess I owe a little thanks to WPAC, you guys definitely helped in getting these obsessive compulsive issues somewhat under control, with watches as our common demeanor. 🤘

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,200 ·
That makes me imagine us all like we are bees. Flying in and out of the hyve and bussing around it. And I supose you and Hornet are locked in a titanic clash over who can become the hyves queen. While the rest of us lay back and eat honey.. oh I mean work hard of course we work hard to abstain from watches.

So technically since hornet is a hornet which comes close to a bee but you have US in your name, home of the killer bees. I think your evenly matched and should just wait and see whose wings will give up first.

But it's nice to see you are both doing so well in the goals that you both have.
Completely wrong I'm afraid.......

.....there's no drama here.

1181 - 1200 of 7370 Posts