I am officially in for 2022, and I have a feeling I am have better success than I did when I joined in 2020 and 2021. Maybe I am jinxing myself, but I feel like I am in a pretty good position with my collection overall.
Almost certainly not going anywhere:
1) French skeleton watch - the watch that started it all which I bought on my honeymoon. I almost never wear it, but I will keep for sentimental reasons. Plus it wouldn’t be worth much anyway
2) G-Shock square - my go to travel/outdoors watch. It has gone with me to Peru, French Polynesia, and who knows where next. Plus again, it is pretty cheap where it is not worth reselling.
3&4) Rolex Explorer and Cartier Santos - I got both of these at the end of 2021 when I only intended to get one, but sometimes life is funny. I am still in the honeymoon period, so maybe my thoughts will change, but right now I can’t see myself parting with either of these
Unlikely to go anywhere
5) Casio baby-G Pokémon - it puts a smile on my face and isn’t worth enough to warrant selling. It doesn’t get worn much, but I enjoy having it around
6) The Citizen - a wonderful piece with a great movement and a stunning dial. Wearing the explorer makes this feel a little large, and it seems a bit redundant with the Santos and Explorer. Still I don’t see myself selling it. Plus my wife loves it
7) Oris 65 - I think this is the most comfortable watch in my collection, and I love the funky arabics
8) Ginault Ocean Rover with custom red bezel. I love that Ginault customized this for me, and it is my most worn ever watch ever.
Will get sold eventually
9) Archimede Outdoor Chronograph - I plan on getting a 3861 speedy eventually. I am still debating if I should sell it now to recoup some funds from getting the santos and explorer, or hold off until I am able to get the moonwatch. It is a fun watch, even if the thick slab sides makes it not get worn too often.
Sometimes I consider selling either the Oris or the Ginault to reduce redundancy, although I don’t think I will follow through with that. I don’t mind a bit of redundancy as you can tell from the rest of my collection. I saw some advanced pictures of the upcoming Ginault Silent Service and have also considered replacing the Ginault with a Ginault, but I’m not sure if I will do that. I love that my ocean rover is customized, so I can’t see myself selling it.
Anyways, that is my story and I am looking forward to another year of WPAC membership!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk