OK my SOTC coming into January 2022. Very pic heavy, excuse.
First category, dive watches. 4 here.
1. Scurfa Diver One ND513RD, currently on stock rubber strap.
2. Certina DS PH200M Blue dial, on Ali FKM tropic strap.
3. Christopher Ward Trident C60 40mm, on stock bracelet.
4. Seiko SPB087 MM200 PADI Edition, on stock rubber strap.
Next category, Pilot watches. 3 here.
5. Fortis Official Cosmonauts Chronograph, Valjoux 7750 edition, on Crown & Buckle Matte Supreme NATO.
6. Citizen Nighthawk Blue Angels Edition, on Rios1931 shell cordovan strap.
7. All original HMT Pilot, on Eulit Kristall perlon.
My only modern dress watch:
8. Frederique Constant FC260WR5B6DBR Moon Phase, on ZicZac genuine croc strap.
And my only digital watch:
9. Casio G-Shock DW-5600, on stock rubber strap.
Final category, vintage. 6 here.
10. 1980's Seiko 6309-8239, on Vario tweed strap.
11. 1960's Ball Trainmaster, on Cascadia genuine croc strap.
12. 1950's gold plated Elgin Deluxe, on ZicZac genuine croc strap.
13. 1940's vermeil Harvel, on ZicZac genuine croc strap.
14. 1950's 14k gold Hamilton Thin-O-Matic, on ZicZac genuine croc strap.
15. 1950's 9k gold Smiths DeLuxe, on 7Strap genuine croc strap.
Not included with the SOTC are two project watches- not sure if either will wind up staying in the collection after I'm finished restoring them. They are as follows:
1. I think
all or mostly original HMT Janata, Devanāgarī edition. Movement running very poorly with barely a whisper of amplitude; donor movement incoming from India.
2. Again, I think
all original 1940's-50's vintage Smiths, 9k gold Dennison case, 15 jewel movement running obscenely fast and destined for a service once I clear my bench off.
Goals for 2022:
1. Practice one in, one out, with no more than 10 watches this year- preferably less. That may seem like no restraint at all, but I must qualify that buying and reselling is the only way for me to try stuff that interests me (I live hours away from any AD or vintage dealer). Coupled with this is to not lose any money, all told, on watches through the year. No AD purchases for me.
2. Hold off buying anything until March of this year. This is a common goal for me.
3. Learn more about watchmaking, and learn how to service a movement with a date. Also learn how/acquire the tools to service mainsprings.
4. Do more writing- articles, reviews etc.
I look forward to hanging out with you all in this new year!