WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW...pictures dont do this watch justice. Cannot wait to try this out on my next dive trip. Has anyone here used it for diving before? If so, how well did it perform. Will post some pics of the watch tomorrow!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, I have used it for four dives.
Still want some thoughts?
DEAC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I have used it for four dives.
Still want some thoughts?
DEAC
Yes, I am interested in your comments. I am going to replace an old Seiko M795 and the 20th ann. aqualand is the prime candidate.

Mainly, I would like to know if the digital depth readout is in feet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Used it on 4 dives also. Nice watch. great readability

The only thing is that the hands are always playing "the 3 Musketeers" as soon as you push a button. Underwater it is ok, but not suitable for skin diving for example.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, depth readout is in feet. I seem to recall that you can change it to display metres, but I think in imperial measurements.

Be aware that the ascent alarm is very sensitive, so if you're bouncing up and down (up and down a wall, for example), you'll hear it a bit. No big deal.

Pool's open!
DEACb-)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking at this watch.. and been wondering if it worth it... I saw the JV0030-01 and loved it in person.... do you think it would stratch easily?... i know it is mineral crystal... but dod not see much of a protection ... thanks for sharing!

ps- if you can post some pictures wearing it, would be great!|>

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking at this watch.. and been wondering if it worth it... I saw the JV0030-01 and loved it in person.... do you think it would stratch easily?... i know it is mineral crystal... but dod not see much of a protection ... thanks for sharing!

ps- if you can post some pictures wearing it, would be great!|>
Anyone with pics?... how easily can you change the band to a metal one?.... thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts