WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yeah, I was real interested until I saw that it was just a 2824. I mean, if it was an in house movement.............................

A lot of fun really. More power to them.

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
I love it. The price at the end was also a pleasant surprise. Not that I am strongly considering buying it, but for someone looking for a fun conversation piece with real horological merit, I think it is priced quite well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I like it !! It's a pretty cool conversation piece...unlike most watches....this one WILL get noticed !! Impressive when companies go outside the "Jack in a Box"...thumbs up !!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I think it is whimsical... Pricing is rather tough to swallow though but I DO understand the pricing considering extensive modifications done to the movement (61 part in-house modification) and custom case and dial..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I like it, and thought it would be more expensive. Still not something I would purchase, but something fun and very creative way to tell the time/moonphase.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like it. If it was $750 instead of $7500 I'd own one. I get why it has the ask that it does, just beyond my comfort level for a limited use whimsical piece.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Whimsical and fun and yet, still very adult. Especially love the playing card details on the bezel as well as the black strap with the green contrast stitching. And that it is also a moon phase makes it even more delightful. I'd buy it.

We need more Konstantin Chaykins in watchmaking, especially at the Big Six watchmakers and even at the microbrands that claim to challenge them.
Konstantin-Chaykin-Joker-wristwatch-1.jpg

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I like it. If it was $750 instead of $7500 I'd own one. I get why it has the ask that it does, just beyond my comfort level for a limited use whimsical piece.
The person buying a Chaykin likely has several watches from the Trinity and a Lange, and has more money to burn that most folks on F2.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
I saw this earlier, and I must say, it's grown on me. I still prefer the Azimuth Mr. Roboto, but I'm glad this exists.

Reactions: MarcWinNJ

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice novelty piece but the price is very steep.
Not exactly pocket change, but a major bargain in my book. The *hard* part, horologically, is the regulator and moon phase; he's doing that himself. The dial's complex as heck, with how many different finishing styles? Big tank moon phase disk in there as well.

I wouldn't necessarily want this piece, but a similar piece on a more wearable theme is something I'd rather consider over a similar-priced gold watch. I'd rather pay for the clear, visible craftsmanship, or even high-tech work like forged carbon or cermet.

Reactions: Pencey Prep

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
This watchmaker is a true artist and all you can say is it's "just a 2824"Wow, you are really missing the point here.

Yeah, I was real interested until I saw that it was just a 2824. I mean, if it was an in house movement.............................

A lot of fun really. More power to them.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
"Excuse me, what time is it?"

"Marty Feldman"

Marty_Feldman.jpg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts