WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2541 - 2560 of 2585 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wasn't planning on getting this one, AT was not on my radar at all tbh.

Then I visited a buddy of mine for one of our regular whisky sessions and we got the talking. I knew he got this a while back, wore it for a few weeks and then it ended up in a drawer collecting dust. He wanted a blue faced AT but the AD didn't have them in stock and he talked my friend into getting this one at a very decent discount (rookie mistake, been there. also a part of the journey though, right?).
I offered to help him sell it, after all it's a nice chunk of change that's not going to good use.
I checked the market and told him what they're going for used (bought locally, decent condition, box, papers, still over 3 years warranty). He thought about it for a sec and then asked me "maybe you want to take it off my hands? I'll give you a good deal".
I moved a few mid tiers, dove into the toys fund to cover the rest and ended up getting this at less than 60% of retail.
Pretty happy with the move so far :) (although I do miss my old Sinn 104 from time to time)
IMG_8406.jpeg

·
Registered
160 Posts

Then I visited a buddy of mine for one of our regular whisky sessions and we got the talking. I knew he got this a while back, wore it for a few weeks and then it ended up in a drawer collecting dust. He wanted a blue faced AT but the AD didn't have them in stock and he talked my friend into getting this one at a very decent discount (rookie mistake, been there. also a part of the journey though, right?).
I offered to help him sell it, after all it's a nice chunk of change that's not going to good use.
I checked the market and told him what they're going for used (bought locally, decent condition, box, papers, still over 3 years warranty). He thought about it for a sec and then asked me "maybe you want to take it off my hands? I'll give you a good deal".
I moved a few mid tiers, dove into the toys fund to cover the rest and ended up getting this at less than 60% of retail.
Pretty happy with the move so far :) (although I do miss my old Sinn 104 from time to time) View attachment 15825954 View attachment 15825955 View attachment 15825957 View attachment 15825961
Classy AF and great photos!!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts

Pretty happy with the move so far :) (although I do miss my old Sinn 104 from time to time) View attachment 15825954
That's really nice, and sounds like a bargain. I never really get the appeal of having a green watch, but something like that with green accents is pretty great. Way more versatile. They call that the "golf" edition I think maybe? Looks fantastic, congrats.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's really nice, and sounds like a bargain. I never really get the appeal of having a green watch, but something like that with green accents is pretty great. Way more versatile. They call that the "golf" edition I think maybe? Looks fantastic, congrats.
Thank you!

Correct, this is the second gen Golf edition.
The first one was an early 8500 with a framed date window at 3 o clock and green minute markers, then this one came out (mine's pretty recent actually, it's powered by the 8500g, which means it has the silicon balance spring and other goodies) - 3 o clock date but no frame, last vertical stripes dial, green seconds hand and minute markers and then there's the most recent Sergio Garcia golf edition - 8900 ticking inside, stepped no frame date window at 6, horizontal stripes.
The green itsels is called "Masters green" apparently, but it sure does remind me of racing green IRL.

I did some research on this series as you can see ;)

A pretty fun line within the AT family if you ask me, not so common/obvious.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Your railmaster looks so good on the strap,i just love it.It gives vibes of a vintage rolex explorer 1016 it just looks beautiful!
Thanks! I bet it would look good on your AT as well, since the case shape and size is basically the same as my RM.

At only $9.95, why not give it a try? :) Link:

2541 - 2560 of 2585 Posts