WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2761 - 2780 of 2806 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
When I was young, I enjoyed watches that had many functions, beeps, bells and whistles…….now much more mature (sounds better than old, right?), I just look at a simple 3 hander like the AT, and my reaction is:

yyyyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss………

View attachment 16066107
How is yours running so far? Mine is out of spec running half second slow in 4-5 days or so :(

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
When I was young, I enjoyed watches that had many functions, beeps, bells and whistles…….now much more mature (sounds better than old, right?), I just look at a simple 3 hander like the AT, and my reaction is:

yyyyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss………

View attachment 16066107
yyyyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss!!🤠👍

I feel the same. In my "more mature" years, I find the simplicity and elegance of a three hand, time only watch really appeals to my sensibilities.

My first OMEGA was a Speedmaster, because I'd wanted one since I was a young man. After acquiring the Speedy I picked up my Seamaster 300MC and then the '57 Railmaster Reissue.

On deck for future consideration is the Globemaster and 39.5mm Planet Ocean. I love them both, but I'd love them even more if they didn't have a date complication.

That's a gorgeous AT, Clayton! And it kicks @$$ on that runner strap. Congrats again on an awesome pick up.

René

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
How is yours running so far? Mine is out of spec running half second slow in 4-5 days or so :(
Both of mine are in spec, varying between +0 and +2 seconds per day, depending on overnight position (dial up, crown down, etc)

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
yyyyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss!!🤠👍

I feel the same. In my "more mature" years, I find the simplicity and elegance of a three hand, time only watch really appeals to my sensibilities.

My first OMEGA was a Speedmaster, because I'd wanted one since I was a young man. After acquiring the Speedy I picked up my Seamaster 300MC and then the '57 Railmaster Reissue.

On deck for future consideration is the Globemaster and 39.5mm Planet Ocean. I love them both, but I'd love them even more if they didn't have a date complication.

That's a gorgeous AT, Clayton! And it kicks @$$ on that runner strap. Congrats again on an awesome pick up.

René
Thanks Rene…….

…….and which Globemaster are you considering?

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
+3 seconds in a week, impressive...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Reactions: Ziptie

·
Registered
509 Posts
Uncle Seiko bracelet? Definitely not stock/OEM bracelet and the US one is about the only thing I can think of that looks like that one.
It’s the speedy Apollo 11 bracelet. Purchased it for my 3861 or SMP but also plan to fit it on my AT. Just have to play around with US end links. Good eye as I would think 9 out 10 if not all wouldn’t even notice it on wrist on an AT. Looks very similar to the stock bracelet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It’s the speedy Apollo 11 bracelet. Purchased it for my 3861 or SMP but also plan to fit it on my AT. Just have to play around with US end links. Good eye as I would think 9 out 10 if not all wouldn’t even notice it on wrist on an AT. Looks very similar to the stock bracelet.
Wow! Well, see, I've not spent a ton of time with the Speedmaster line....mainly/only the Seamaster references. But to your point, it definitely does look AT like, similar to what US offers - the reason I leaned toward the US was the tapering of the bracelet. Didn't realize the Speedmaster has that much taper compared to the AT/Seamasters. Definitely very similar!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wow! Well, see, I've not spent a ton of time with the Speedmaster line....mainly/only the Seamaster references. But to your point, it definitely does look AT like, similar to what US offers - the reason I leaned toward the US was the tapering of the bracelet. Didn't realize the Speedmaster has that much taper compared to the AT/Seamasters. Definitely very similar!
Please do post pictures of your AT on US bracelet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Please do post pictures of your AT on US bracelet.
Sorry for the confusion on "...leaned toward the US..." - what I meant was in guessing which bracelet was on your AT. I still am using the OEM/stock bracelet with mine. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

In the evening light...

2761 - 2780 of 2806 Posts