WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

441 - 460 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
What are you all taking your snaps with? I can't get anything as good of my Aqua Terra when using my phone's camera. Holding my D700 in one hand, trying to frame and stay above the minimum focus distance and not introducing shake is tough!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What are you all taking your snaps with? I can't get anything as good of my Aqua Terra when using my phone's camera. Holding my D700 in one hand, trying to frame and stay above the minimum focus distance and not introducing shake is tough!
I'm not good with photography myself, but I think you'll find lots of info about it on this site with a search.

I think good lighting and a tripod are keys. And does your camera have a macro setting?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I've only ever used an iPhone 4 and managed to get a few decent pics amongst the many useless attempts. I'm hoping the iPhone 6 camera is top notch as I plan to get one of those soon.

at 55.jpg

at 54.jpg

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Iphone 5s mainly, D300 sometimes (macro) LX7 and Fuji X-E2 occasionally. All depends. :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've become addicted to various alternative straps for my AT 2500. I particularly like the straps that allow me to leave the pins in place. My newest strap, which is my absolute favorite, is a Hodinkee single piece shell cordovan strap in black (I replaced the buckle with an Omega buckle.) This strap is similar to my strap from Form Function Form, but, while the post closure of the Form Function Form strap looks great, I don't trust it as much as the regular buckle on the Hodinkee. Interestingly, the Horween cordovan of the Hodinkee is noticeably thicker than the Horween cordovan of the Form Function Form strap. Both straps are buttery and feel great, but the Hodinkee is apparently a little higher quality leather (didn't think that would happen with both being official Horween cordovan.)

Omega Hodinkee.JPG

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I spent the better half of Saturday morning trying to capture the dial's "arctic" quality - silver, pale grey, white and reflective like ice or snow. Did not suceed.

Reactions: pascs
441 - 460 of 2562 Posts