WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

661 - 680 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damn this post with all of your great wrist shots and love posts. Making me want to go spend money!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks great. I'm a big fan of the environmental style of watch photography where the watch is shown in context - too much emphasis on wrist shots loses sight of what the watch looks like from a distance. BTW is that a black dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx! i really enjoy taking pics of my AT in action. The main difficulty is you gotta have some help most of the time. Not easy to find someone that shares our love for watches and has the patient to take tons of pics. Im a lucky man as my wife does! 😀

Yeah, its a black dial. Incredible how it changes color depending on light...its an amazingly beautiful watch, really.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks great. I'm a big fan of the environmental style of watch photography where the watch is shown in context - too much emphasis on wrist shots loses sight of what the watch looks like from a distance.
Oh yes, you are right, a watch in its environmental context made a wrist shot much more interesting and vibrant. Here is my 2503.33 on the desk, while working on some new plants. To be honest, I was not working during the shot, which was made a bit complicated as my right hand was firing the release cable of the camera, and the cable was not long enough...

Omega 2503.33 at work.jpg

·
Registered
942 Posts
I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but it seems to me that those of us who love the Railmaster do so with more zeal than most who adore a specific type of watch. If true, I find it doubly odd that Omega stopped the branding so quickly on this issue.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Damn the rail master is a classy looking watch.

I really hope Omega re-relases a 40mm and 36mm version with faux patina and the 8500 movement. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Reactions: Btreichel87

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've been itching to get an AT8500 lately and made the mistake of going into a boutique yesterday to try them out. Simply fell in love with the blue teak dial. Can't quite make up my mind if I like the PCLs of the Master Co-Axial or not

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I've been itching to get an AT8500 lately and made the mistake of going into a boutique yesterday to try them out. Simply fell in love with the blue teak dial. Can't quite make up my mind if I like the PCLs of the Master Co-Axial or not
You can always brush them, or buy an older gen bracelet. I have both the PCL bracelet and fully-brushed version, and they both have their merit IMO depending on how you want to wear the watch.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Wearing a 39,2 Railmaster myself, I accompanied a friend some weeks ago to pick up a second hand 41 mmm version. When he took it ouf the box and on the wrist, I was almost shocked, how much the difference in appearance is. I thought "wow, what a big plate" and even if I wouldn't have known his wrist, I wouldn't have had any doubt, that this Railmaster could never be the 39,2 mm.
Of course the 41 mm is upscaled in every way, also the crown is bigger, but it also has other dimensions. I guess the immense difference is mostly due to the length above the horns more than because of the diameter.

See for yourself, I took a snapshot, when we met this week. I assume, if you haven't seen them side by side before, you will be astonished too, 41 vs. 39,2 mm:

Omega_Railmaster_39vs41_160311_610.jpg

661 - 680 of 2562 Posts