WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

721 - 740 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
This thread is making it really hard for me to pick a speedy pro over an AT for my first Omega! Loving the master coaxial blue dial.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
This thread is making it really hard for me to pick a speedy pro over an AT for my first Omega! Loving the master coaxial blue dial.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I was just in your situation and, after months of going back and forth, I went with the blue AT over the Speedy for my first Omega. I was fortunate enough to locate a brand new co-axial "Skyfall" version in the 41.5mm size, and I couldn't hold off from pulling the trigger. I just received it and it's gorgeous! I'll be posting some pictures soon. I've also already ordered a honey genuine alligator strap for it. Can't wait!

Btw, I still love the Speedy and it's towards the top of my updated "want list" probably right behind the newest Explorer 1 and polar Explorer II (again) and tied with a NOMOS Tangente 38.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was just in your situation and, after months of going back and forth, I went with the blue AT over the Speedy for my first Omega. I was fortunate enough to locate a brand new co-axial "Skyfall" version in the 41.5mm size, and I couldn't hold off from pulling the trigger. I just received it and it's gorgeous! I'll be posting some pictures soon. I've also already ordered a honey genuine alligator strap for it. Can't wait!

Btw, I still love the Speedy and it's towards the top of my updated "want list" probably right behind the newest Explorer 1 and polar Explorer II (again) and tied with a NOMOS Tangente 38.
Why you picked older model over master? I still can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have owned both, and loved both (blue 41.5). In the flesh, I like the newer MC version slightly better. At first I thought the brushed bracelet better, but the PCLs look awesome on this watch. Even in total casual settings, they look great. I also like the date window better on the new version. At first I thought that the raised date window looked more balanced, but now I think that the watch looks more subtle at a glance without it. Now when I look at the raised date window...it draws my eye to it (too much so), whereas on the MC version, I find that my eye views the entire face equally (not sure if that makes sense).

Can't go wrong either way, both awesome!

AT.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
I prefer the brushed bracelet and the date window border of the co-axial over the polished PCLs and borderless date window of the newer master co-axial version. I think the border around the date window provides a better balance to the dial than the newer version without. The co-axial version is also the original Skyfall version (acknowledging that Craig wore the 38.5mm version). I tried on the master co-axial version and ended up buying the original co-axial version sight unseen. Having said that, both look fantastic and it's purely a personal preference!

721 - 740 of 2562 Posts