WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

741 - 760 of 2642 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I love my Railmaster Chrono but wouldnt mind the smaller 3 hand version in its place, also thinking about that Seiko. Honestly, I would be happy and proud to have just these 2 watches. Excellent choices man!
Thank you!
As you are thinking about that Seiko, I got a special thread running here on WUS with a lot of nice pictures: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/my-seiko-srp775-presentation-pictures-2841730.html

And here are both watches on my wrist, the Railmaster is the 39,2 mm version:

wrist_Omega_Railmaster39_vs_Seiko_SRP775.jpg

Cheers!
Bernd

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
What's the ref. number of this watch? The extra tooth at the 3 o'clock position makes the watch look a lot better.
Seamaster Aqua Terra quartz 38.5mm, ref 231.10.39.61.06.001

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I noticed it was a quartz model afterwards. I wish Omega had added the extra applied index to the Master Co-axial models. Looks way, way nicer this way.
Yeah, the AT 8500 auto's date track is set further out, so the quartz model is able to add the index like the original AT 2500, which works well. Omega tried the date window surround on the AT 8500, and everyone complained, and now they've removed it and everyone is complaining. :-d

·
Registered
690 Posts
Okay I surrender, just bought a used Railmaster 39.2mm. Love the relaxed vibe it gives vs the buttoned up AT. Both are great and I'm sure I'll rationalize buying an AT in the future, but damn, all these Railmaster pics = not fair play.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Okay I surrender, just bought a used Railmaster 39.2mm. Love the relaxed vibe it gives vs the buttoned up AT. Both are great and I'm sure I'll rationalize buying an AT in the future, but damn, all these Railmaster pics = not fair play.
Congratulations, man! b-)
But this thread needs pictures, I assume you are still waiting on that thing, so I'm posting one with a relaxed vibe in your place. ;-)

Omega_Railmaster_160703_237.jpg

Cheers!
Bernd

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow, the RM looks stunning on the bracelet... I called Omega for a quote - US$760.00 for the stainless steel bracelet (1574-898). OEM bracelets going for at least $500 on eBay.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Wow, the RM looks stunning on the bracelet... I called Omega for a quote - US$760.00 for the stainless steel bracelet (1574-898). OEM bracelets going for at least $500 on eBay.
Yup, I know, I bought one new way back then, prices were not much lower. But that bracelet is somethin' else, you instantly see the quality.

The bracelet is the same as supplied with the Aqua Terra models from those days. Unused/mint ones show up from time to time for substantially less, you're only in trouble when you want one very bad. ;-)

But make sure, that you get, what you pay for. A complete 1574-898 has:

- 2 end links
- the clasp with the Omega-signed-link and 2 short links
- 18 full links
- 1 half link (don't miss that half-link, it's extremely useful)

People sometimes get confused with the clasp's links and think they are half-links. See the second picture, which shows that bracelet with 1 EL - 9 FL - clasp - 1 HL - 6 FL - 1 EL.

My wrist had round about 185 mm circumference and I was wearing it with 16 full links. Now I've reduced my weight a bit and have switched to 15 full links and one 1/2 link and it still sits a bit loosely/casual like I prefer it. Just to give you an idea.

Omega_Railmaster_160704_264.jpg

Omega_Railmaster_1574-898_15full_one-half_160704_264.jpg

Cheers!
Bernd

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking into buying one. I really appreciate the info- Thank you!

741 - 760 of 2642 Posts