WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

861 - 880 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Wearing a 39,2 Railmaster myself, I accompanied a friend some weeks ago to pick up a second hand 41 mmm version. When he took it ouf the box and on the wrist, I was almost shocked, how much the difference in appearance is. I thought "wow, what a big plate" and even if I wouldn't have known his wrist, I wouldn't have had any doubt, that this Railmaster could never be the 39,2 mm.
Of course the 41 mm is upscaled in every way, also the crown is bigger, but it also has other dimensions. I guess the immense difference is mostly due to the length above the horns more than because of the diameter.

See for yourself, I took a snapshot, when we met this week. I assume, if you haven't seen them side by side before, you will be astonished too, 41 vs. 39,2 mm:

View attachment 7405266
Now if you could get a pic of the 41, 39 and 36 all next to each other that would really be something to look at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone here waiting for the 60th Anniversary Railmaster? I'm #1 on Timeless Lux's list but haven't heard much since the initial announcement.

Reactions: Btreichel87

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Now if you could get a pic of the 41, 39 and 36 all next to each other that would really be something to look at.
Yeah, I often thought I'd catch a 36 mm Railmaster someday too. I'm pretty sure it would also be a nice match to my wrist, but as can be seen from my many pictures here, my Railmaster 39 mm is just more than perfect for me. Heck, it's such a great match sizewise, I'd be better off to buy another 39 as a backup, already having a backup of the metal bracelet.

But I keep that in mind. For the time being, here are some great comparison shots of the 36 and 39,2 mm Railmaster: A tale of two Railmasters

Cheers
Bernd

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, I often thought I'd catch a 36 mm Railmaster someday too. I'm pretty sure it would also be a nice match to my wrist, but as can be seen from my many pictures here, my Railmaster 39 mm is just more than perfect for me. Heck, it's such a great match sizewise, I'd be better off to buy another 39 as a backup, already having a backup of the metal bracelet.

But I keep that in mind. For the time being, here are some great comparison shots of the 36 and 39,2 mm Railmaster: A tale of two Railmasters

Cheers
Bernd
Yeah, I often wonder if 36mm would make more sense for my AT, rather than the 39.2mm version pictured, but my biggest hangup is the 19mm strap width of the 36mm watch, since I like to use straps. Maybe buying a backup 39.2mm is a good idea for me, too. :think:

141468-abd9437da3f634de7634a3c1733ba17c.jpg

861 - 880 of 2562 Posts