WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

901 - 920 of 2562 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, it's always so difficult to tell. My wrist shot was with a 90mm lens, IIRC, so it obviously is going to look smaller than often seen cell phone shots.

The 38.5mm AT is actually quite a bit smaller than the 39.2mm AT, too. Like with the Speedy, some of that 38.5mm is taken up by the little integrated crown guards. The 39.2mm AT/Railmaster 2500 is probably closer in size to the 41.5mm AT 8500:

**not my pic
AT 8500 41.5mm vs AT 2500 39.2mm
gosh that blue AT 2500 would definitely be a contender for me if it wasn't for that white date window. Why Omega Why?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
That dial!
How big is your wrist? That 41.5mm AT looks like a 38.5mm on your wrist!

And yes, the dial is stunning.. Still not sick of looking at it.. Just approaching noon here in Singapore.

Reactions: Radharc

·
Registered
663 Posts
How big is your wrist? That 41.5mm AT looks like a 38.5mm on your wrist!

And yes, the dial is stunning.. Still not sick of looking at it.. Just approaching noon here in Singapore.
My wrist is 20cm or close to 8" :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
AT Good Planet 38.5mm in titanium

Love, love, love this watch. Considered it very strongly, but ended up going with the 38.5 in stainless. I like the teak dial more, but those blue hands and indices speak to me. And I'll bet it feels like a feather on the wrist. Great watch.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yep, your wrist is more or less just like mine, and I think you hit the nail on the head. It certainly fits well. It's just a matter of a more modern vs. more vintage look, although even 39mm still isn't exactly large these days.
I'm totally with Douglas here, in my eyes it's spot-on! In no way it is too big, it looks simply elegant on you.
Besides watch-to-wrist relation I think it also matters what kind of guy you are and what I see, more than for me, the 36 mm Railmaster would be a winner on your wrist just the same. I'm a bit hulkier from the anatomy.
36 or 39 mm, for you this would only be choice of style, but no question of good or bad taste.
Well, I agree with both of you. In no way do i think the 39.2mm Railmaster is too big for my wrist, but it definitely has a modern feel too it. The large dial makes the watch look very large at times, even though i think the case size is adequate between the edges of my wrist. I've been into watches for a few years now and i have definitely figured out what the top end of my range is. it's right around 40mm or so. But i have yet to find the low end of my range. I'd love to have a more vintage looking watch and 36 is the natural choice as some 34mm rolex air kings i think will be too small. Because of that, i'm going to start looking for a 36.2mm Railmaster.

The 36.2 mm Railmaster will wear larger than most 36mm watches because of the large dial, but will still give me that vintage look. In the future i may pair it with a 38.5mm blue skyfall aqua terra and I think my collection will fit most if not all of my needs. I emailed someone yesterday that might have a lead on a 36.2mm RM so stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sitting here with my beautiful new 36.2mm Omega Railmaster on my wrist, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to pursue the 36mm. My 39mm is now up on the block in the sales corner so if anyone is interested let me know. But here's a shot of the new timepiece. This ones gonna be hard to take off.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Perfection :)

Sitting here with my beautiful new 36.2mm Omega Railmaster on my wrist, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to pursue the 36mm. My 39mm is now up on the block in the sales corner so if anyone is interested let me know. But here's a shot of the new timepiece. This ones gonna be hard to take off.

901 - 920 of 2562 Posts