WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 2588 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Paging Mr. Dixan! :)

I see from the sales corner and from your updated signature that you have a new acquisition. So when are you going to indulge us with some nice photos of your Aqua Terra 8500?

·
Registered
406 Posts

I see from the sales corner and from your updated signature that you have a new acquisition. So when are you going to indulge us with some nice photos of your Aqua Terra 8500?
He's not the only one. Ive just acquired a shinny new RM. But unfortunately I've also just sold my canon DSLR!

·
Premium Member
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·

Very perceptive of you, Sir. ;-) I have yet to feel its cool hard steel in my covetous hands, let alone train a nervously aimed macro lens at it, as it has not yet made its way across the great Pacific to join me here as guests of the Middle Kingdom. I do plan to take many photos when I get it, so watch this space.... :)

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Comeon, takin the crystal out before photographing is not playing fair.! ;-)

Fantastic photos as usual MuRph and a great addition to this fabulous thread. You show the Railmaster in such a seductive manner.
HAGW

Reactions: ccm123

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Very perceptive of you, Sir. ;-) I have yet to feel its cool hard steel in my covetous hands, let alone train a nervously aimed macro lens at it, as it has not yet made its way across the great Pacific to join me here as guests of the Middle Kingdom. I do plan to take many photos when I get it, so watch this space.... :)
Cant wait to see which one you got, K!

·
Registered
738 Posts
At present I am searching for a Seamaster Aqua Terra about 5 years old and 38.5 mm. In a couple of weeks I go back down to Bangkok to a used watch shop where I have bought a few very nice and authentic watches. Before I actually pay my money the saleslady takes off the back and lets me check the movement with a loupe.
Hi, i´m in Thailand 1 month every year and have been looking for a deacent secondhand watchshop in BKK. Have found some, in MBK and in Siam Center but if you have better one, could you PM me for shops name and address?
Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
33904_10150099860682715_784517714_7466565_2609581_n.jpg

here's mine. will definitely post a better pic when i have the time.

·
Premium Member
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
I'm not really introducing anything new here with this quick shot I just took, but it is the first shot I've taken of my new Aqua Terra. Just got it this afternoon. Very exciting! I'm absolutely loving it so far. |>

I'll be trying out different straps for it in the coming days, so if you're interested to see how this watch looks on certain colored straps, check back here later. ;-)

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Hey, Kevin. You got it! Yea!!!! Huge congrats!! Here's a preview of what it will look like on chocolate brown croc OEM. I'm soooo glad I kept this strap, when I sold the Railmaster. I know they sell the grey dial AT on a black croc, as an option, because I've seen pics of it, but I think this combo looks better:

P.S. Who'd have thought we'd be so into wristwatches, that a secondary hobby, Wristwatch Photography, would also become a passion? I am awaiting receipt of a Tamron 60mm F 2.0 super duper macro for my Nikon D 90. I did some research, and it is rated better than the Nikon lens, with similar specs. Soon, I'll be able to take crisp, clear shots like yours. BTW, it's all John Wilson's fault. Thanks a lot, John! :roll:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Congratulations, Kevin, that's a beauty. Is this the exact same model as Kat's (same size)?

KatGirl said:
To each her / his own but I like your AT on the croc-strap even better than on the bracelet, KG. This is a killer combo |>
Maybe I'm just projecting my personal preference here - my Railmaster hasn't spent a single second on its (original) bracelet. Had it temporarily on my old black Speedmaster croc and its now on a chocolate croc (funny how Kevin's name keeps popping up ;-))

RonB

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
JOHN, You proved my point, AGAIN! I have admired your photography since I joined this forum, and aspire to become half as talented as you, John. Another great shot!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Congratulations, Kevin, that's a beauty. Is this the exact same model as Kat's (same size)?

To each her / his own but I like your AT on the croc-strap even better than on the bracelet, KG. This is a killer combo |>
Maybe I'm just projecting my personal preference here - my Railmaster hasn't spent a single second on its (original) bracelet. Had it temporarily on my old black Speedmaster croc and its now on a chocolate croc (funny how Kevin's name keeps popping up ;-))

RonB

Thanks, Ron. I'm really liking the strap, too. Kevin got the 41.5mm size, which surprised me. I thought he preferred smaller watches. However, when I compared the white 38.5 to the grey 38.5, I would have sworn the grey watch was smaller. The darker dial looks more petite. When looking at pics, you can tell the two sizes apart by the position of the date window. The 38.5mm's window is flush against the chapter ring, and there's some space between the two on the 41.5mm size. I have to tell you, I love this watch, and the fact that it has the 8500 inside, makes it just that much sweeter.

141 - 160 of 2588 Posts