WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
841 - 860 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
24 years lol. I can't remember if I've already said this before, but do you only wear this watch once a month on special occasions?
In short, yes. This watch was a gift from my late mom so it is special to me. My everyday wear is an Omega SMP automatic which I rotate with a Seiko SKX. I wear these mostly to keep them wound. But I will occasionally put the Classic 2000 on the wrist.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ooops! Sorry; a bit of a Luddite.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got my first 2000 on the way. My best friend has owned one for a long time, and I decided to pick one up after handling his a few times and thinking it would be a good smaller diver for my collection. I've been trying to downsize a bit lately. I've been surprised to see the huge following that these watches have! They kind of have a reputation as "my first decent watch", but y'all are rocking them 20 years later! When I started researching the purchase, I thought to myself, "Am I the only one who thinks these are actually awesome?"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I am new here with TAG HEUER and I wonder,
is the band of a Tag Heuer 2000 is replaceable?
where can I learn more about it, please?

For example, switching a metal band to a leather band.

Thanks,
EpsilonTal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello,

I am new here with TAG HEUER and I wonder,
is the band of a Tag Heuer 2000 is replaceable?
where can I learn more about it, please?

For example, switching a metal band to a leather band.

Thanks,
EpsilonTal.
You can definitely switch to a leather band. You need to know the proper lug width.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks
And what will be a fair price range for a used one?
A used watch or a used band? I think you can find used 2000 automatics in good shape for around $600 to $700 but haven't looked much.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I bought it new about thirty years ago. Theres nothing else I own that means as much to me. It been with me in the good and bad of times. Walking in cold hard winters in Northern Europe trekking in the jungles of Borneo, diving on wreaks and reefs, climbing to the tops of mountains, with on my wedding day the births of my kids, during the best of health and when news of poor health has been given. Its been a companion through life. I have more expensive watches and newer watches but when I put it on theres nothing else like it. Its become more than a watch.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I bought it new about thirty years ago. Theres nothing else I own that means as much to me. It been with me in the good and bad of times. Walking in cold hard winters in Northern Europe trekking in the jungles of Borneo, diving on wreaks and reefs, climbing to the tops of mountains, with on my wedding day the births of my kids, during the best of health and when news of poor health has been given. Its been a companion through life. I have more expensive watches and newer watches but when I put it on theres nothing else like it. Its become more than a watch.
I know how you feel! My classic 2000 was on my wrist for most of my significant life events such as starting my career, getting married, and witnessing the birth of my children! It's not worth much financially, but it's priceless to me! It's a fantastic watch!

Wear yours in good health...

Reactions: Eye_On_The_Sky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this is current model or at least what year this started to come out? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

841 - 860 of 883 Posts