WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
861 - 880 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
New to Tag. Have been an F1 fan since I was a kid so getting a Tag with the green/red logo is a must. Anyway, got this 1500 from a fellow member here and was just wondering if anyone has tried putting in a mechanical movement in it?
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
954 Posts
@mikekol - congrats on the "new" 1500! It looks awesome! I'm not sure a mechanical movement will fit into the case as it's designed for a quartz. In any event, I would definitely leave the watch as is - keep it to original specs. Besides, the coloured TAG Heuer logo was traditionally used on quartz watches, as was the "professional" text on the dial. Keep it OG!!!

Reactions: enricodepaoli

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi does anyone know when my WK1211 with serial PF2700 was made ?
Hope you are all safe and well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but if you unscrew the case back, there is a date printed on the movemnt. For example it will say 1.99 or 4.01 which tells you the month and year it was made. Yours has the chrome 12 and date window outline like mine so it's one of the later ones before the 2000 became the Aquaracer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just got my Classic 2000 Automatic back. This was my first Swiss automatic and foray into quality time pieces. I bought this new I believe in 2004. It needed a new crown and stem so I had its first full service done. I know I should have years ago but I didn't even know that about automatic watches initially.
View attachment 13874079
View attachment 13874081

Anyhow it came back looking brand new. I can't believe how great it looks and what's skilled watchmakers can do. Props to D's Time Service in San Diego. Can't wait to put this back into my rotation.
Does anyone know where to source links for these? I no longer have them and I could use one or two more.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone have the new Aquaracer with the date at the 6 and the adjustable clasp? We only have one dealer here and they don't have them yet.

·
3,271 Posts

·
3,271 Posts
New to Tag. Have been an F1 fan since I was a kid so getting a Tag with the green/red logo is a must. Anyway, got this 1500 from a fellow member here and was just wondering if anyone has tried putting in a mechanical movement in it?
I would most definitely keep this watch all original. It's a great looking piece of Tag Heuer's history. My personal opinion, of course.

·
3,271 Posts

·
3,271 Posts
Never thought I'd get an Aquaracer until I found the Carbon edition. Ever since I saw the Bamford all black Submariners I've dreamed of such a watch. I love the blue pop of color to offset the monochromatic design.
That's a pretty sweet looking camo design! :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Rectangle

Enjoying my 1000 - I was on the fence about two tone but I think I can swing it it’s funny I prefer it with ultra casual clothing. This is from Justin at Tag1000diver.

861 - 880 of 880 Posts