WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my bro (not a watch guy) an Oris Aquis Date (43mm back dial version) for a milestone birthday. The features this watch has for it's price range make it an excellent value for the money - ceramic bezel, display back, 300m water resistance, nice bracelet and diver's clasp extension. I am very impressed with this watch and it turned out to be a perfect choice for him…I may just have to get an Oris Diver for myself! Although I think the watch looks awesome on the rubber strap, I decided to get the bracelet version. I found that the way the rubber strap connects to the clasp/buckle makes it very bulky and makes the clasp area about twice as thick as it is on the bracelet. That would make it more difficult to wear under a long sleeve shirt. Other than this, the classic design and functionality make the Aquis a great all-rounder watch. I may make my brother a watch guy yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Excellent work sir! I've been thinking of giving a white Oris Aquis to my office assistant for her 10-year.

I agree, the Aquis is an awesome watch for the price point.

·
Registered
60,522 Posts
I don't blame you for fancying an Aquis yourself. The point you make about the bulk of the clasp on the rubber strap is valid but just get the one you think looks best as the slimmer clasp on the bracelet ain't going to make the Aquis glide under a shirt cuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts