WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Here’s my recently acquired Autavia automatic. I currently have it on the nato strap that came with the watch. Hoping to get one of the chronographs too at some point.
View attachment 15682083
Really like those three handed Autavia's. A shame they couldn't continue with the isograph technology. Would have made this an instant buy for me!
Congrats with the watch, enjoy it.

Reactions: bk_cat

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
The macro shots are amazing. Love mine too, they did such an incredible job with this reissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they did. I've seen somewhere online that this reissue is being discontinued. A shame i think but then again it makes the ones that exist somewhat more special i guess.

Reactions: DougFNJ

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Very nice. The Barton strap tones down the bling factor.

Reactions: chabanais

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a lovely watch imho but i decided to sell mine. Got a IWC Le Petit Prince instead.
It is gorgeous looking. Congrats!
I have a more specific (maybe weird) criteria for watches I buy. I value the movement the most and am one of "those guys" who strongly prefer in-house to the point where i wouldn't spend any money (especially at that price point) for an ETA movement. For my budget my choices were the Heuer 01 Carrera full dial or the Autavia. Very happy with my choice. The only regret is I went with GD and a few months later it was available from an AD at around the same price.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
It is gorgeous looking. Congrats!
I have a more specific (maybe weird) criteria for watches I buy. I value the movement the most and am one of "those guys" who strongly prefer in-house to the point where i wouldn't spend any money (especially at that price point) for an ETA movement. For my budget my choices were the Heuer 01 Carrera full dial or the Autavia. Very happy with my choice. The only regret is I went with GD and a few months later it was available from an AD at around the same price.
I don't think it's a weird criteria to buy watches. But i'm past that point where a watch has to have a inhouse movement to appreciate the craftman/workmanship. Eta/sellita is a time tested proven movement so you know what you're getting. An inhouse movement to me is only worth it if it's been in the market long enough.

Reactions: Sunstrooper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old school ... very nice!
Should be getting it out of service in the next 2 weeks. Purchased New Old Stock, was sitting in a vault in Italy since 2003, still had all the stickers when I purchased a couple months ago. Being 17 years old, I wanted to make sure it was oiled, lubricated, seals, and o-rings replaced, and regulated. Can't wait to get it back. Ill leave this here in the meantime.....
View attachment 15362874

61 - 80 of 93 Posts