WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started off a bit rough, had a little bit too much to drink last night causing me to be fairly miserable at work. All of that pain was alleviated though when I called the doorman of my building to check to see if my expected parcel had arrived (something I've been doing every day, for the past several days now).

Well, it had.

My NOS, black dial B-1 SuperQuartz:

This was my current dream watch and with many, many thanks to Verner I was able to get my hands on one, and for a fantastic price.

I really never thought I'd own one, especially one that's brand new with a full 2 year warranty.. Sorry, I'm gushing, but I am just so absolutely ecstatic!

First impressions:

- I haven't sized it yet but from what I can already tell the watch is extremely comfortable.

- I love the feel of the cold steel against my skin, as opposed to the warm titanium I am used to.

- I love the weight of it.

- The watch is even more striking in person, dial is very easy to read.

- I love the backlight, lume is strong.

- Dial is very easy to read at a glance.

- The alarm is LOUD, will definitely be utilizing that.

- The functions selected with the crown are much easier to scroll through than they are with the E.

I could go on and on..

So there you go, I am one extremely happy fellow. And again, a HUGE thank you to Verner for pointing me in the right direction - I owe you one.

I will post nicer and more pictures tomorrow once I have some natural light.

Thanks for taking a look! :-!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Greaves,

that looks fantastic!

What is the case size?........damn see what you did. Noooooooooo I do not need another watch.........

svery nice though ;_)

Best

Al

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greaves,

that looks fantastic!

What is the case size?........damn see what you did. Noooooooooo I do not need another watch.........

svery nice though ;_)

Best

Al

Thanks Al!

The case is 43.2mm, just a hair larger than the Emergency. I have small wrists so that's about as big as I can get away with.

And hey, there's always room for one more!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Conratulations Greaves, it looks superb,- and has to be one of the best hangover remedies i've ever heard of. :-!

Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.

Nick

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Congratulations! My older brother says hi :-!

Enjoy the superior SuperQuartz version and wear it in good health!

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
477 Posts
Congrats. You will love it. If I had to keep just one I would keep my B-1. Enjoy, the B-1 "club" is very happy to welcome you..lol!

Best,

OB

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,380 Posts
What a great way to make your day! Congratulations on the acquisition of what is arguably the best combination of great looks and functionality ever built into a wristwatch. Other than three UTC modules the B-1 is the only quartz (SQ also) Breitling I've ever owned but it gets the vast majority of wrist time. Wifey asked me which Breitling I would keep if I could only have one and she was surprised when I answered the B-1. She shouldn't have been. I would wear it for everyday use and formal occasions with no hesitation. If anyone opined that the B-1 was not appropriate at all times I would have to say that opinion is simply wrong. Enjoy that beauty and wear it in good health! :-!
Cheers,
Ron

PS. You might enjoy setting your PC wallpaper at work to something like this... ;-) :-d

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Congrats!!! THAT IS MY GRAIL right now but my luck has not been as good as yourso|

A NOS would be like a dream come true!

Alas, PJ remains B1less:think:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the kind sentiments gents, they're much appreciated. And thank you for the great wallpaper Ron, it is currently sprawled across the desktop of my work and home computers. :-!

I also wanted to say that if anyone else is interested in contacting the AD that sold me my watch just go ahead and PM myself or Verner for the details. The man is a gentleman and a pure pleasure to deal with.

At the time I bought mine which was about 2.5 weeks ago he still had some new gray dialed B-1's in his stock.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on this beauty Greaves!!
I thought it's impossible to source a black NOS B-1. I don't own a B, don't post here, but am a long time reader and consider B-1 the most fascinating watch. I am in Vegas (LA is not out of reach :-d) and if you gentlemen have any insider tip where to look for NOS, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Great capture Greaves. Welcome to the B1 club.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snapped a quick wrist shot on my way back to the office after having her fitted..

They popped off 3 links and it fits PERFECTLY. I was slightly expecting the watch to be a little big for my wrist but I was pleasantly surprised when I slipped it on and it sat beautifully and was perfectly snug.

Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Snapped a quick wrist shot on my way back to the office after having her fitted..

They popped off 3 links and it fits PERFECTLY. I was slightly expecting the watch to be a little big for my wrist but I was pleasantly surprised when I slipped it on and it sat beautifully and was perfectly snug.

Couldn't be happier.
A b-1 where it belongs . . . in a Subaru!

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha! That's great. :-!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts