WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I find myself attracted to a watch based on one attribute of its appearance, and right now I'm a bit fixated on watches with "baby" or powder blue dials. There have been quite a few "blue dial" threads, but I wanted to start a thread limited to favorite watches you own or wish you owned in baby or powder blue. Here are a few examples I like. They include the highly popular (on this forum) Halios Seaforth; a Zodiac Super Sea Wolf; and microbrand Mercer Durham. None of these is especially expensive. I'd like to see other suggestions before I pull the trigger on anything. Please include approximate price-point if you know it.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think this one would be classed as baby or powder blue, the Squale Onda Azzurro. I let go of it recently as it never really clicked with me, however since its departure I have seen photos of it on a shark mesh strap and damn do I wish I had tried it on one before I sold it. :think:

Squale Onda Azzurro.jpg

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
no baby blues in the collection but I've ogled that Seaforth (the bezeless version) many times

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Great thread, the Halios in blue is beautiful. Cocktail time is a very good selection as well. Looking to see if some other interesting suggestions pop up

But for funzies here is one from the top end of the scale
maxresdefault.jpg

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't have anything to add, sorry, except to say that Mercer is a thing of beauty.
I checked its price afraid it'd cost a lot but... $600! The watchguy blogger talks nicely about its movement at first sight at least.

I'm starting to discover affordable watches are a pain. You simply would buy 50!

Reactions: babyatom

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I think all the light blue dial Rolexes are only available with platinum case,that make them even more unattainable (at least in terms of price)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked its price afraid it'd cost a lot but... $600! The watchguy blogger talks nicely about its movement at first sight at least.

I'm starting to discover affordable watches are a pain. You simply would buy 50!
Despite this post about baby blue colors, I bought the Mercer Durham on presale price (under $500) in the "cocoa" brown version. I really like the watch and wear it as much or more than more expensive watches I own. I've stopped caring how much a watch costs and just go with what I like.

- - - Updated - - -

That Rolex Oyster, wow!!!

·
Premium Member
61,744 Posts
The markers are more of a turquoise colour but I suppose if you squinted they could be baby blue.

EEK! The pic’s gone AWOL and the light’s too bad for me to take another photo

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great thread, the Halios in blue is beautiful. Cocktail time is a very good selection as well. Looking to see if some other interesting suggestions pop up

But for funzies here is one from the top end of the scale
View attachment 13401247
This is one to die for! Its Platinum Day-Date which hard as hell to find right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adding to my own thread with this neat Nomos Glashutte Ahoi Signalblau. Out of my price range at $3k-plus, but beautiful.

Nomos-Glashutte-Ahoi-Datum-554-Signalblau.jpg

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I knew I had seen some other dive watch in baby blue, and I figured out that I was thinking of the Helson Shark Diver in Mother or Pearl. Turns out that Helson made a number of powder blue variations. Some of them incorporate powder blue as prominent indices. Here's four I found online:

Helson4.jpg

Helson1.jpg

Helson2.jpg

Helson3.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts